Author Topic: Automating the Select Movie feature  (Read 4990 times)

Offline marknoissey

• View Profile
Automating the Select Movie feature
« on: March 02, 2013, 04:39:12 pm »
When I initially set up my database I used the silent mode to grab as much movie information as possible without my input.  Now I have 438 movies left that couldn't be recognized and as I go through, using the IMDB plugin, it is almost always the case that the first movie on the list which I need to choose from is the correct one.  All of my files are labelled properly on my computer but PVD still wants me to choose from the list, even though all I'm doing is pressing the enter button over and over.  Is there a way to just tell the program to choose the best possible answer?  I'll gladly accept the results.  Thanks for any help provided.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Automating the Select Movie feature
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 08:50:55 pm »
Yes, you can enable the "Silent mode" in Preferences -> Plugins
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline marknoissey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 10:17:23 pm »
I did enable Silent Mode for the first run through, but then I am left with a bunch of movies that PVD needs me to verify.  However, it will take me forever.  I just want it to pick the one on the top of the list on the "Select Movie" window that comes up.  If I enable Silent Mode it seems to skip over a bunch of movies.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 11:07:09 pm »
No, there is no such possibility, because if the first entry is wrong for a number of movies, then it will be very difficult to find such entries... Maybe I can a hidden option (enabled in configuration file or command line parameter) in future versions.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 11:46:25 pm »
I agree it would be useful as a hidden option when mass importing let's say less then 100 of movies. I could live with the fact that I'd have to check every entry after such "I'm feeling lucky" importing.