Author Topic: "Original title" always empty  (Read 9785 times)

Offline Knudow

• View Profile
"Original title" always empty
« on: March 07, 2013, 08:38:30 pm »
Hi.

I discovered this program today and I'm loving it, but I can't get the plugins to fill the "original title"

Neither IMDB nor TheMovieDB plugins fill it. I tried all the possible combinations of "overwrite" thing, but it doesn't work. (Checking title and original title, "filling" title and original title, checking only original title, filling only original title...)

If I use Filmaffinity [ES] it gets the original title, but it's a little bit tiring to use IMDB for all the movies and then re-scan them with Filmaffinity (with the consequent stops in almost any movie so you can check the correct one) only to fill the Original Title.

I'm using the last version of the program and the latest update for the plugins (0.9.8.13 IMDB and 0.1.0.1 TheMovieDB

Edit - AnimeNFO plugin also works, so it's only the IMDB and TheMovieDB plugins that don't fill the Original Title section. (I don't have any other plugin installed)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:58:43 pm by Knudow »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: "Original title" always empty
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 12:38:11 am »
Fixed in 0.9.8.14
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline jondak

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 01:30:46 pm »
Same problem here, the Title and Original Title fields doesn't  update from the value it gets using the scan folders for new movies. I'm using the last version 0.9.8.14.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:32:20 pm by jondak »

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 02:53:03 pm »
Same problem here, the Title and Original Title fields doesn't  update from the value it gets using the scan folders for new movies. I'm using the last version 0.9.8.14.

Yes, Original Title transfers, but only when it is on the Imdb page written original title.

A good example is A View To A Kill:
Slovenian title is:   Od tarce do smrti
A View to a Kill (original title)

I attach a picture as evidence as mentioned above and PVD.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 10:00:02 am »

Hi all,

Since Imdb script does not seem to retrieve the original title anymore (because the imdb page does not display it), would you know how I could "tell" PVD to fill the "original title" field with the filename?

Thanks

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 01:53:38 pm »

Hi all,

Since Imdb script does not seem to retrieve the original title anymore (because the imdb page does not display it), would you know how I could "tell" PVD to fill the "original title" field with the filename?

Thanks

Partly have to answer for yourself, but not completely true. IMDB plugin transferred Original Title only, when at Imdb page shows Original Title. If Imdb page no shows Original Title, it can no pass. This is also described here.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:21:35 pm by Ivek23 »
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 02:25:43 pm »

Thank you.
  Can I automatically use the filename (for ex "Terminator.avi") to fill the "Original Title" field (Terminator) ?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 01:25:01 am »
Can I automatically use the filename (for ex "Terminator.avi") to fill the "Original Title" field (Terminator) ?

I think so—by using <origtitle> instead of <title> in the relevant regex. I believe the same value will be used for [Title] if it's not otherwise provided. But this will only work for files being added to the database via the scanner. We really need the plugin(s) to be working properly in retrieving and updating [Original Title].

Offline deazo

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 09:35:48 am »

Thank you Rick, I will use that method for the time being.

Offline jrb1021@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 10:41:25 pm »
I am still getting a socket error 11001 -- host not found -- error almost every time I try to import data.   I have updated everything, and when I check for updates I get a "no updates available" message.   Suggestions?