Author Topic: How to import series  (Read 6202 times)

Offline Morgenstern72

• User
    • View Profile
How to import series
« on: March 10, 2013, 09:29:08 pm »
I just don't get it how to import series, seasons and episodes. Do they have to be in a special format (naming)?

Whenever I import them some (or none) of the episodes are recognized, never a name of an episode and when I search for new/changed files I find the same again and again until I ignore them :(

I tried the help with no matches and I found some posts that I simply did not understand :(
PVD 1.0.2.7
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Offline Morgenstern72

• User
    • View Profile
Re: How to import series
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 10:03:56 pm »
Just an example: Episode import is enabled in the IMDB Plugin.

When I manually search I have no problem: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430484/episodes

But nothing is found when i try to import. I also renamed the main title and every episode to the one found on IMDB, still nothing is found :(
PVD 1.0.2.7
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 07:13:42 am »

When I manually search I have no problem: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430484/episodes

But nothing is found when i try to import. I also renamed the main title and every episode to the one found on IMDB, still nothing is found :(

More details can be obtained here (IMDB Plugin 0.9.8.12 topic), which describes a similar problem.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 08:09:10 pm »

I used the "New Movie Master" button (I always do to import new Films/Series) and wrote down the title (pict.0)
A second window opens with the Name, which you have to click on and proceed (pict.1)
Everything is imported, except (I don't know why) the dates of the individual episodes (pict.3) which you can easily fill by hand, Editing each episode. All the rest is there (pict.2).
Just make sure that you have checked (=Overwrite) with double click or "greyed" (=Keep the current data) with one click in the IMDB plugin specification.

Hope this helps.

George

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 02:18:12 am »
I just don't get it how to import series, seasons and episodes.

Perhaps you have so, but the first step is to download the series, including episodes. You may, but don't have to download the episode data at the same time. All you need are properly numbered episode records for each of the video files you have on hand.

Do they have to be in a special format (naming)?

Yes. Like any file added via the scanner, the files must be named in a consistent manner, and there must be one or more regex in the configuration that match that pattern. If your episodes are named Series Name S00E00.xxx, you should have no problem.