Author Topic: Cookies ?  (Read 6563 times)

Offline Gnurfel

• View Profile
Cookies ?
« on: March 14, 2013, 06:34:04 pm »
To make it short, I wanted to automate some of the annoying work of adding my collection of Jav to PVD. I already had a site I searched for the information but they use cookies for age verification. I have mostly worked around this by using two other sites to scrape info from, but they do lack some of the titles.

So, is there anway to work with these cookies in the script engine, or would I have to go further and build an entire plug in to achieve that?

The scrapers that I actually got working are for ludus1.com and avget.jp

Should anyone want them, let me know. But in essence they are just other scripts mutilated to do what I need them to. Get the posters, actors, release year and date.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Cookies ?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 12:27:43 am »
So what functionality is needed? What is the age verification procedure on this site?
All cookies are saved and passed to the next request automatically by PVD.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline Gnurfel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 01:17:49 pm »
Well if they are saved and passed to the next request, then nothing more should be needed. I might just have made an error somewhere.

Going to give it another try tonight. Seems pretty straight forward if the cookies are working. I did search on it here and did not find anything. Is there perhaps some knowledgebase  or guide somewhere that I have not found?

Thanks for the reply, hopefully I'll have something rough up and runing in an hour or two.

Offline Gnurfel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 02:03:28 pm »
Tried a bit more, and I was not getting the result I'm hoping for. So here is the story.

Putting the base url to arzon.jp and using the redirect url that sets the cookies did not work.

I tried it in the browser. It worked, I copied everything after the  ".jp" , to the script.

Same result. Then I realised looking at what cookies was set and the host name in the address window.

I was missing a "www." in the baseurl.  ::)

Oh yes, we are rocking, first test result just returned the page I was trying to search for. So it does indeed work with cookies  ;D

So now back to the script and get something to actually read what I get. But that should not cause too much problems unless I manage to create yet another one of my lovely loops...  :-[

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 05:23:45 pm »
Glad you are getting further with your scripts. Feel free to ask, if new questions arise.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

anything