Author Topic: Freeones script, need some help.  (Read 6223 times)

Offline dday

• View Profile
Freeones script, need some help.
« on: March 22, 2013, 12:57:37 pm »
I reworked the IAFD script to get people information from the Freeones website. As the adult industry uses a lot of AKA's sometimes it makes sense to check the names on a different source. I'm new to both PVD as scripting and right now my script does seem to find the data on the website (writes it to the log) but it doesn't store things in the database. As I didn't write this script from scratch it's hard to find out exactly what's going on... ???

I tried to keep it simple for now, just trying to add name, aka's, and birth date to the database, but this can be expanded later on.

Could someone with a little more experience on scripting check out my script and show me what i missed?

thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline dday

• View Profile
Re: Freeones script, need some help.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 08:03:36 pm »
Ok, so no replies so far...  :-\

I try to be more specific, as I understand checking all of the script looking for a vague mistake eats more time then it deserves.

The script compiles normally, and when run it returns a nice box of possible matches, if more then 1. Selecting a name on the list does bring the script to the right url, and html is being read.

If we take the AKA field as an example, the script does detect if the model has more then one name, and nicely cuts them from the html. For testing purposes the names get written to the logfile. The script then should also write this data to the database.

The script looks like:
Code: [Select]
AddFieldValue(pfAltNames   ,Nomealt);
LogMessage('Alt Name: '+Nomealt);

So the readout at the logfile shows the name, but the database doesn't update. The only thing i can fink of is that somehow the script needs something else to be granted write permission to the database, but I can't find any clues when I try to read some of the other scripts out there.

I hope this clarifies my issue, and someone is willing to shed some light on the case.....  :)

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 12:56:12 pm »
I looked a little script and your web page, but I can not figure out what could be wrong. Strangely it already is, it does not even pass the url address. You will need to wait for someone who mastered the ADE style script writing.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:50:06 pm by Ivek23 »
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline dday

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 03:13:11 pm »
Thanks for the reply Ivek23!

Strange enough it's a good thing to hear that I'm not alone... I'll hold and see if anyone knows more on the subject.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 05:54:15 pm »
Thanks for the reply Ivek23!

Welcome.

Here is the url address:

http://www.freeones.com/
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

anything