Author Topic: 1.0.2.5 Release Candidate  (Read 58520 times)

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
1.0.2.5 Release Candidate
« on: April 12, 2013, 09:11:56 pm »
This is a release candidate. If this version does not contain any major issues, then I will replace the current 0.9. with it as an official stable release and stop 0.9.x support.

It is recommended, to create an extra backup of your database, before updating an existing PVD installation!

Changelog:
FeatureHidden Parameter "SilentForceFirstResult" to make PVD always get the first best result in silent mode
ImprovedFFMPEG automatic Screenshot maker
ImprovedPlugins can return "none" from ProcException to suppress Error Messages
ImprovedWhen openning an old database: URLs will be normalized. Duplicate URLs will be automatically removed.
ImprovedNew "AddAwardEx2" function in Script Engine enables scripts to provide URL for Awards
ImprovedRecord identification using URLs
ChangedMediaInfo and FFMPEG libraries updated
ChangedAdded french translation
FixedAddImageURL fixed in script engine
FixedCovers were not saved
FixedMultiple search issues
FixedMultiple UI issues
FixedMultiple translation issues
FixedLots of minor fixes

Download:
Installer
Zip
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:27:20 pm by nostra »
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: 1.0.2.5 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 10:30:13 am »
Hi Nostra, first of all, thanks, and a very personal thanks for supporting the hidden MID within links, now. :)

Somehow things looked strange after installing over the old version ("Also known as" disappeared, for example). That surely was due to some strange settings or modifications to the skin of mine. So if someone experiences such things: I uninstalled the old version with all settings completely (after backing up all modified templates, skins and the database, of course) and did a fresh install. It looks fine, now.

But there is a bug (that was not present in 1.0.2.3): "Audio Codec" and "Languages" are eliminated from the stream information and those fields now appear next to "Last modified". These fields are empty, but provide a drop-down list. If you edit a movie entry both fields disappear afterwards from the main window and language and codec information vanish completely. See image attached...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:48:23 am by svenne »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 11:07:19 am »
Ups, I have tested stuff with classic skin and forgot to make those changes back. Please, just download the skin from the download page and it should work ok.

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 03:26:08 pm »
Thanks a lot! Works fine with the skin from the download page.
I adapted the "HTML Frames" and "HTML List" export templates to PVD version 1.0.2.5, now.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:11:12 pm by svenne »

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 05:16:06 pm »
But now for real! ;) A bug...
Some movie posters get partially transparent. Seems to happen when blocks within a JPG are absolutely flat in colour. See first attachment. Here, the flat black areas are affected. It's a normal jpg without any transparency added. When saved the image seems to be fine (see second attachment).

« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 05:18:35 pm by svenne »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 05:46:13 pm »
It does not happen here. Have you changed the skin somehow?

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 09:27:22 am »
No, I didn't change the skin. But I found out that the images look well when resized by PVD (in a small window, for example). Transparency only happens if the image is shown in its full dimensions. It's also visible after double click in "full picture view".

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 02:00:22 pm »
Solved this one. It didn't happen in 1.0.2.3. The classic skin from download page seems to be outdated. It differs from the one that came with 1.0.2.3. I switched to the one from the beta version and it looks fine, now.

Other things...

- don't know if I do anything wrong, but no matter which export plugin I set to default: after restart PVD always switches to "Export to Mediaportal" (in export drop down list) while the "Execute default export plugin"-button stays with "Export to plain text".

- if I widen the movie list on the left of the window a little bit (by dragging the right border further to the right), after restart of PVD the "Also known as" field disappears completely or is very, very narrow. Only happens in full screen. When windowed, after restart the field is there again (or in full screen if the right border of the movie list was moved back to the left prior to restart). It only happens while looking at movies on top of the list. When restartet with a movie further down near the bottom of the list, everything seems ok. Same behaviour in 1.0.2.3. In 0.9.9.21 it's better: it only happens if the border is moved to the far right (which is not possible in 1.0.2.x) before restart. Only "Also known as" is affected, no matter how far I pull the border. It is difficult to reproduce with less than 1600 movie entries in 1.0.2.x and with less than 500 in PVD 0.9.9.21. My screen resolution is 1280 in width, maybe that matters.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:26:39 am by svenne »

Offline Kahm

• View Profile
Re: 1.0.2.5 Release Candidate, Screenshot Maker
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 11:41:43 pm »
I think I found a rather peculiar change (bug?). In the preferences I set it to make 20 screenshot and take one as a poster. Well I guess that is now literally. I get 19 screenshots and the 20th is the poster. Intentional?
It is easy to work around by simply setting it to 21 screenshots so that you get one poster and 20 screenshots, but it was different in the previous version.

Offline Eepeeii

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 09:26:44 am »
I think I found a bug  :D.

When I choose 'No Poster' form filters pulldown menu a parameter is set, but there is no indicator as well I can turn it off only from toolbar.

Same thing with other radiobutton options, but 'No cover' sets 'No screenshot' at toolbar and vice versa.

That is not all ;-D Advanced filters dialog opens when I change anything in pulldown menu.

Offline svenne

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 09:50:43 am »
Bug report... two cosmetic ones:

- while in full screen or in a big window with "Import" in toolbar near the right side of the window: if you click the button "Set overwrite options for selected plug-in" a menu pops up where buttons (on the right of the menu) are not visible.

- when you switch between people und movie view the window title (of the PVD window itself) should change from "Movies" to "People" and vice vera. Most of the time it does not do so, sometimes it shows both mixed up/overlayed. It only changes/refreshes when you resize the window or give focus to another program. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:18:50 am by svenne »

Offline bsppvd11

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 08:20:36 pm »
Hi,

I tried to install without success! "An error occured in the application". I am using Window 8 Pro 64 bits. I started "pvd_rc_setup.exe" with and without "Run as administrator" results are the same. Other versions 0.9.9.21 and 1.0.2.3 works without any problems! See the attachment.

P.S. Is there a portable version for this release?

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 08:36:50 pm »
Could you please send the bug report itself and the screenshot of it! What is actually FxContextMenu64.exe it does not seem to a part of Personal Video Database! It seems to me that it is not PVD at all causing the problem, but some other App named FxContextMenu64...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:55:05 pm by nostra »

Offline bsppvd11

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 08:51:01 pm »
Thank you Nostra. You are right, I started the installation from another "file explorer" and everything works great! I'm sorry for this.

Thanks for this nice software.

Offline John666

• Who wants to live for ever?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 06:53:42 pm »
Hi Nostra, Is there a portable version of this release?

Thanks.
Windows 7 (64bit)
PVD v1.0.2.7

Offline jondak

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 01:17:37 pm »
Bug found:

you can't move the scroll bar past a point so you can see the long named movies more easily on the list.

The red arrow illustrates the max point where the scroll bar can be pulled to the right side.

Graphic bug on PVD VinT skin: the ratings appear corrupted sometimes, the graphic bug can be fixed by editing movie or selecting another movie.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 01:46:13 pm by jondak »

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 10:25:57 pm »

Thanks.

Added a zipped version in the first post.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 06:40:47 am »

Thanks.

Thanks, Nostra.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline John666

• Who wants to live for ever?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2013, 10:33:20 am »

Oops, sorry I just installed the full version and didn't look at the 'zip'.

Thanks
Windows 7 (64bit)
PVD v1.0.2.7

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2013, 10:21:39 pm »
In this version, too, auto hidden task bar wouldn't show up over PVD maximized.