Author Topic: Three IMDb importing issues, and one regarding PVD interface  (Read 4274 times)

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
Three IMDb importing issues, and one regarding PVD interface
« on: April 20, 2013, 04:21:36 pm »
There are four issues described here:

I) Importing movies from IMDb doesn't work properly under certain conditions
II) Searching/reading IMDb by IMDb plugin doesn't work properly
III) Importing movie titles from IMDb doesn work properly under certain conditions
IV) Showing Titles and Original Titles in case they're the same isn't allowed.

Procedure to reproduce the problem:

IMDB plugin - logged in (same results while logged out)
IMDb plugin - all fields are set up to overwrite existing field values, including "Title" and "Original Title" fields.
IMDb site - logged in, page set up in localized language (not english) - (same results while logged out from the site)

I) 1. Importing movie (no file scan), see picture 1 attached, search phrase: Zero Dark Thirty

2. Select movie, see picture 2 attached:

2a. box no checked - one PVD movie entry

2b. full box (greyed) - one PVD movie entry

2c. checked box - two PVD movie entries??? (see picture 3 attached).

What the heck?

II) Now, let's get back to picture 2 attached - "Select movie" dialogue box. Look carefuly the name of first movie offered: it is 00:30 - Tajna operacija / 00:30 - Zero Dark Thirty" (2012)

Now: 00:30 - Tajna operacija is my contry's local name of the movie

But: 00:30 - Zero Dark Thirty" isn't the name of this movie in any country, and it should be English as original title, right? Why "00:30 - " was added to the "Zero Dark Thirty"? What's with the closing quotes anyway? Keep in mind picture one attached - I entered Zero Dark Thirty search phrase only.

III) No matter what procedure I use, my country's local name of the movie isn't imported?! Re-reading IMDb information doesn't produce desirable result.

IV) How to enable showing both Titles and Original Titles regardless they're the same or not?

I'm not programmer, so I don't understand the issue, but I found something that looks like it link in general to this issue: http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/PropertiesConfiguration#imdb.preferredCountry and later http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/PropertiesConfiguration#imdb.aka.scrape.title

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 04:23:22 pm by afrocuban »

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
Re: Three IMDb importing issues, and one regarding PVD interface
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 04:13:12 pm »
Under III) It seems it was imdb's bug, that has been corrected now.

Under IV), partial workaround possible following procedure stated here, using and modifying Ivek's AllMovie.com_new script.

Still no luck with issues under I) and II)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 04:14:58 pm by afrocuban »