Author Topic: IMDB Plugin 0.9.8.19 doesn't import main page title to a "Title" field  (Read 6989 times)

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
 I believe it is enough to see the pictures attached, to percieve the problem, but if you anyway want to read, here it is.

1. When there's  Local release title on imdb.com it is stated on the main page as Tile (main title) - SEE picture 2.jpg attached. (my bad assigning names to pictures)

2. When importing to PVD, Local release title (as a main title from the main page) is imported to <title> ("Ttile") field, and the original title is imported to <origtitle> ("Original title") field. Properly! - SEE picture 1.jpg attached. (my bad assigning names to pictures)

3. When there's no Local release title stated on the main page, international (English) title, if there is one, is stated on the main page as Title (main title) - SEE picture 3.jpg attached.

4. In the case stated under 3. IMDB Plugin 0.9.8.18 imports original movie title from the imdb to <origtitle> ("Original title") field, but also imports original movie title to a PVD <title> ("Title") field, instead to import main, international (English) title, as stated on a page?! - SEE picture 4.jpg attached

Why is that? Am I doing something wrong?

Example: Manitou's Shoe

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:18:02 am by afrocuban »

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
Re: IMDB Plugin 0.9.8.18 doesn't import main title to a "Title" field
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 12:08:57 am »
Is there a way to automatically import imdb main page title to a <Title> field?

Thanks!

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 09:55:22 pm »
It should actually do this already. Check the overwrite options in Settings -> Plugins
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 06:15:48 pm »
Title field is set to be overwritten by plugin. Unfortunately, if there's no local release title on the main page, original title is imported both to <origtitle> and <Title> field. You can try to reproduce the problem if you find the movie without German release title (as I remember, you're in Germany).

Thanks, anyway.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 12:02:14 am »
It seems like I misunderstood the problem as on your screenshots there is always the local title and the original one...
So you want that the title goes to the original title field if there is only one available?
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 08:31:45 pm »
Just focus on picture 3: On the main page original title is German. There is no Serbian title release, so the main page title is in English.

Now, look on picture 4 what is imported to PVD: German title is imported to <origtitle> field and that's ok, but also German title is imported into <Title> field, instead English title to be imported as the main page title.

What PVD is expected is to import imdb original title to <origtitle>, and the imdb main page title to <Title> field, in whatever language it is, right?

Did I clarify enough now?

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 01:15:30 am »
Any chance to help with this?

I'd just like PVD to import main page title to a Title field, instead importing original title.