Author Topic: Hotkeys  (Read 6384 times)

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
Hotkeys
« on: May 02, 2013, 04:06:40 pm »
Nostra

1. Do you find it reasonable to "Enable hotkeys" as an option in Preferences, not enabled by design as the default?

Most people, I believe, doesn't use, or can't remember all hotkeys. Especially when "common" and widely used hotkeys in other software or Windows, do something completely different in PVD ("Esc", for example). And especially when unintentionally pressing some key combination: sometimes the action is irreversible and the damage is big. Not to speak about uncredited hotkeys...

2. If "Yes" under 1. do you find it reasonable to enable setting our own combination of hotkeys?

Me personally, find it useful enabling CTRL+E to edit the movie in any version of PVD, for example (CTRL+SHIFT+S for "Save as...", CTRL+N for "New Movie Master" instead of New record, because we all use "New" very, very rarely, etc, etc). I'm used to use it.

Both suggestions, at least, are common for any third-party software, as I'm aware of it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 04:20:06 pm by afrocuban »

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Hotkeys
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 03:05:11 am »
As is his way, nostra foresaw you excellent suggestion and implemented it—years ago. See Preferences>Appearance>Hotkeys. That doesn't include one setting for enabling/disabling all hotkeys, but I've never seen such a thing in any software.

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
Re: Hotkeys
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 01:12:11 pm »
That doesn't include one setting for enabling/disabling all hotkeys, but I've never seen such a thing in any software.

Well, there is "First time" for everything.  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 02:01:19 pm by afrocuban »