Author Topic: IMDB all fields empty  (Read 12003 times)

Offline searay

• View Profile
IMDB all fields empty
« on: June 18, 2013, 08:54:26 pm »
I asked for help with this on an old topic started by someone else. I have not received any help with that, maybe because it's an old post.

My problem is that after creating a "New" movie, I enter the name in the top box and accept changes. Then I click on "Edit" while the title is highlighted in the left pane. I then click on "Import movie data from IMDB" It appears to go to the IMDB website, says "downloading", exits IMDB but no fields are filled out and there's no other messages or errors.
Earlier today I found a newer? imdb.dll file on this website. Deleted the old one in my "Plugins" folder and copied the extracted "new" dll to that folder. Lo and behold when I did the import function again...it worked. I have not been able to repeat this success since!! I just get empty fields. Tried two movies, one of which is "Argo" so I'm sure the info is in IMDB.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: IMDB all fields empty
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 09:03:40 pm »
What is your current imdb plugin version. How did you setup the "Overwrite fields" options and the plugin itself?
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline searay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 09:53:05 pm »
Imdb plugin version is 0.9.8.18. All of the overwrite fields have check marks next to them. Not sure what you mean about how did I set up the plugin itself.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 10:35:04 pm »
I can't reproduce the problem. Please provide screenshots and log from Personal Video Database -> Help -> Log or if you are using Personal Video Database 0.9, then start PVD with  -debug comman line parameter and select Help -> Log after reproducing the problem.

Offline searay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 09:51:11 pm »
I still cannot get the movie info to load. It seems to get the data according to what I see as bytes downloaded during the download, but none of the fields are populated. I rechecked the overwrite tags and they are all checked. Deleted and reinstalled the entire program and searched my drive to be sure there were no other installations hiding someplace. Redid the "Update Plugins" again. I even tried getting the same data from Allmovies with the same result. All of the movies I have already saved in the database are still fine.
Maybe I have to do something to start this log recording? Looks like its blank after trying to download movies several times.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate and I always keep it updated.

Hope the attached images help. If you need different ones let me know. I am frustrated beyond belief.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Nautilus2067

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 06:59:51 am »
First thing that puzzles me is that your log is empty. Did you clear the log before trying to import the movie data or was it empty from the beginning? Does it fill up when you press "Recompile scripts"?

Offline searay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 02:11:23 pm »
The log stays empty always. I don't see a Recompile Scripts anywhere.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 05:27:57 pm »
That's really strange. What is your PVD Version actually?

Offline Nautilus2067

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 10:35:07 am »
I don't see a Recompile Scripts anywhere.

On the screenshot you provided it is the button on the lower right...

Offline searay

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 06:33:19 pm »
I found the button before I read this post. I did do the recompile but still nothing changes. It has to be a problem with Win 7 Ultimate. I installed the program on a Win 8 drive on the same laptop, restored my database from my backup drive, reset the filters and everything works fine.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 10:13:41 pm »
It works fine on Windows 7 Ultimate here. Try to uninstall PVD completely and install it again.

Offline searay

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 12:27:05 am »
Have done that as least 4 times. No change. I'm just going to use the Win 8 drive unless there's something else you want me to do. Believe me, I would love to get this to 2 work on my Win 7 drive. I like Win 7 better than Win 8.

Offline Nautilus2067

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 02:29:50 pm »
Works fine on Window 7 Professional and Ultimate on several PCs of mine. Have you tried to run PVD in portable mode? To do this execute the batch file "portable.bat" in the program folder or use parameter "-portable".

Offline searay

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 04:26:01 pm »
Thanks Nautilus,
Running PVD in Portable Mode does now work when downloading the movie data, but when trying to import the poster image from Amazon.com I still get the "No Movie Found" error. When I look at the Amazon website the movie information and poster are in fact there.
I decided to go through the "Check for updates" procedure, again. I did "Uncheck all" then re-checked the things relating to Amazon. When I started the download it can't find the program path and fails. I attached an image of the error message. I checked the PVD program folder and there is no "install" folder. I can install the poster image from a file on my computer.
The "Check for updates" seemed to work fine previously so I don't know if someone changed the file path.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 05:52:57 pm »
Download posters from Amazon is a real problem. Usually, the first poster on the list to transfer all right, should not volunteered errors. The following posters for the same movie will probably have to make themselves known aforementioned error. With me have also encountered the aforementioned error, but not in the posters for different movies.

Nostra, it would be necessary to fix Amazon.com plugin and repair the remainder of the Amazon plug-ins.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline searay

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 07:40:27 pm »
Why am I now unable to download update files? Do I have to create the "install" folder then transfer the files to where they belong?
If Amazon is a problem to download posters, what English site should I use?

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 07:53:52 pm »
If Amazon is a problem to download posters, what English site should I use?

Try to Themoviedb.org.
Ivek23

Offline Nautilus2067

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 08:26:05 pm »
Yeah, TMDB ist the one I use as well, because I think it is the best one. It has posters in different languages and standard format is 1500 x 1000. One can find backdrops (screenshots) as well.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 03:30:01 pm »
Nostra, it would be necessary to fix Amazon.com plugin and repair the remainder of the Amazon plug-ins.

Nostra, thanks for the correction the all Amazon plugin.
Ivek23