Author Topic: IMDb connections import with original titles  (Read 6869 times)

Offline skittle

• View Profile
IMDb connections import with original titles
« on: July 06, 2013, 01:20:14 pm »
Hi there,

I'm using PVD 0.9.9.21, Windows 7 x64.

While organizing my movies I am giving all entries their original title as the title field. The problem I have due to that is, that IMDb PlugIn imports movie connections based on my environment (maybe IP or something else) which is set to German.

How can I manipulate that behaviour and force the import PlugIn to download connections with their original title?

Example:
Original Title:
The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King (which is the title in my PVD entry)

Imported Movie Connection Title as I import The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers connections:
Der Herr der Ringe - Die Rückkehr des Königs (obviously not what I want to be imported as it is the movie's German A.K.A.)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 05:17:16 pm by skittle »

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
Re: IMDb connections import with original titles
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 01:40:55 pm »
Login to https://secure.imdb.com/register-imdb/siteprefs and set "Title display country" to Original, and "Title display language" to English. Just in case, use your default browser for this.

Offline skittle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 01:58:14 pm »
Login to https://secure.imdb.com/register-imdb/siteprefs and set "Title display country" to Original, and "Title display language" to English. Just in case, use your default browser for this.
I already tried this, unfortunately it didn't help at all.

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 02:49:21 pm »
Of course, in addition, you should try to set up your imdb plugin to log on to imdb via your account information.

Offline skittle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 02:52:14 pm »
Of course, in addition, you should try to set up your imdb plugin to log on to imdb via your account information.
It already is. It hast to be something else.

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 02:59:25 pm »
Restarting PVD, logging to imdb from within all the browsers you use, updating PVD and its scripts and plugins, setting imdb plugin for overwriting corespondent fields. Those are pretty much all ideas I could try to contribute with... Sorry  :-\

Offline skittle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 04:47:59 pm »
Restarting PVD, logging to imdb from within all the browsers you use, updating PVD and its scripts and plugins, setting imdb plugin for overwriting corespondent fields. Those are pretty much all ideas I could try to contribute with... Sorry  :-\
I doubt browsers have something to do with PVD. PVD is also up to date. There are no fields to overwrite as they are empty at the moment I do the import.

My actual question is: what triggers the language selection of connections import for IMDb plugin?