Author Topic: When laptop disconnected from external monitor, PVD does not return  (Read 4797 times)

Offline Dylan

• View Profile
Hello,

I am new here and getting the hang of the software, and I will read the manual very soon, promise!

But one question that I could not find using the search.  The other day I used PVD on my laptop connected to an external monitor.  Today I started PVD with the monitor disconnected from the laptop (not just turned off).  But PVD did not show up on the laptop screen, and when I turned on the monitor, there it was!

The reason I emphasis that the monitor was disconnected is that if it the HDMI cable remains plugged in to the laptop but the monitor is off, applications that were displayed on the monitor remain there.  But when I disconnect the HDMI, everything returns to the primary display (laptop), even desktop icons.  PVD is the only exception to this rule that I have found.

Any ideas about this?  Is it a bug on PVD's part?  I'm a bit surprised by this, I thought Windows would manage the display properly.

Thanks.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: When laptop disconnected from external monitor, PVD does not return
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 08:24:10 pm »
I will check if there is a problem with my code and will fix it in the next 1.x update coming soon.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline Dylan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 11:23:20 pm »
(I'm on version 0.9.9.21)

Thanks for looking into it.  This used to be a common problem for all applications using multiple displays on Windows (ie, Windows was the problem) but it seems to be fixed now (I'm on Win7).  So I'll be very interested to know if it's a problem in your code, or a legacy issue with Windows.

D

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 10:22:16 pm »
It is indeed a problem with PVD. I'll fix it in the next version.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!