Author Topic: Bug of PVD or IMDB ??  (Read 5400 times)

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
Bug of PVD or IMDB ??
« on: October 13, 2013, 12:47:57 am »
I have noticed that whenever a movie or TV episode title, has the word "die" in it, when saved in PVD The word "die" comes first.

Examples: Live and Let Die (James Bond) becomes "Die....". See first enclosed attachment.

TV Series: Atlantis (2013). Episode 3. "The Boy must Die". Result when saved in 2nd attachment.

When you look at IMDB.com the wording is correct !!!!

Anybody has noticed that or am I alone it happens??? PVD 0.9.9.21 on Win XP Pro SP3.

George

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bug of PVD or IMDB ??
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 09:47:15 am »
I think, this is not or it may a bug.

In the settings set as shown in the attached figure, and everything will be fine.

The proof is Live and Let Die (James Bond) movie (sshot-2)
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 10:06:58 am »
Thank you Ivek. As I have a different layout (see attachment), and comparing that to your picture which is correct, I tried to understand where the main difference was.

Result: The Prefix mentioned in the software "Die", is for the German article "Die"="The". But has the same orthography with the english verb to "Die". So the software according to my layout, thinks it is the German Article and puts the verb "Die" at the beginning of the sentence as a German Article !!!!

Changed to "Leave as they are" and problem was solved....

Thank you again for opening my eyes!!!
George

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 10:31:37 am »
Thank you Ivek. As I have a different layout (see attachment), and comparing that to your picture which is correct, I tried to understand where the main difference was.

Result: The Prefix mentioned in the software "Die", is for the German article "Die"="The". But has the same orthography with the english verb to "Die". So the software according to my layout, thinks it is the German Article and puts the verb "Die" at the beginning of the sentence as a German Article !!!!

Changed to "Leave as they are" and problem was solved....

Thank you again for opening my eyes!!!
George

Thank you, very nice to hear that successfully solved the problem.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD