Author Topic: Counting number of movies in actor's filmography  (Read 5703 times)

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Counting number of movies in actor's filmography
« on: November 10, 2013, 04:43:28 pm »
Hi,

One thing I can't find anywhere in PVD is a quick, easy way to show a count of the number of movies listed in each actor's filmography. I'd like to see this added.

At the least, it should show the total number in each category (actor, director, etc.) of the filmography section. I see it already kind of does something like this for the "Awards" category (a record might say "Awards (1 Wins & 2 Nominations)" for a given person), but it could be applied to the other categories as well.

Ideally, it could be further broken down to show both the total number as well as certain other statistics: the number of movies with visible records plus the number with hidden records (the way I use PVD, I always import full filmographies from IMDB, so visible movies are movies I actually own, hidden ones are ones I don't own). So PVD could display, say, "Actor (100 movies, 25 visible, 75 hidden)" or something like that.

Sure, I could sit there and count the movies by hand, but why should I have to?  ;D

Aimhere

(P.S. - I know that the "Statistics" feature can show the number of movies in my database for each actor, but this only counts the number of visible movie records, not the actor's entire filmography. And besides, it takes an extra step... I'd like to see the count shown right in the People view.)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:48:55 pm by AimHere »

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
Re: Counting number of movies in actor's filmography
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 06:56:43 pm »
Nice little feature it would be, indeed!

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 09:23:31 pm »
Not sure if I will implement all the suggested possibilities, but I am adding your suggestions to the TODO list.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 06:45:22 pm »
Cool, thanks, nostra. I'd be happy if it just showed the total count in the "Actor" category, really. :)