Author Topic: Linking video files to TV Episodes  (Read 4025 times)

Offline Corporate Dog

• View Profile
Linking video files to TV Episodes
« on: November 02, 2013, 02:13:57 pm »
I apologize if this has been covered extensively elsewhere; I took a quick search of the forum, and didn't quite find what I was looking for.

What I'd LIKE to have happen is for PVD to automatically link the correct video file to the TV episode data when it catalogs it.

My scenario is this: I have multiple episodes of a TV show organized in the following directory structure, with the following filename format:

<root>\Farscape\Season x\Farscape SxEy.m4v

I've adjusted PVD's regular expressions to allow for the space that I put between the title, and the season/episode numbers.

When I go to make a new Movie Master, I point to the parent 'Farscape' directory. PVD goes out, and gets all the right information (including seasons and episode descriptions). But it doesn't link up the video files to the individual episode descriptions (it links all of them to the series description, instead).

Is there any way I can get the episodes linked to the right episode description? Bonus points if I can have it generate screen shots when it does.

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer!

EDIT: Oh, right:

SYSTEM: Windows Vista 64-bit
PVD VERSION: 1.0.2.6 (with latest Amazon plugin)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:22:32 pm by Corporate Dog »

Offline Corporate Dog

• View Profile
Re: Linking video files to TV Episodes
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 02:54:58 am »
Found it.  ;D

To answer my own question for future forum browsers...

Right click the imported Movie Master. Select 'Files' > 'Organize files by episodes'