Author Topic: Problem with skin  (Read 3962 times)

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Problem with skin
« on: November 04, 2013, 04:21:25 pm »
I recently noticed a problem with the "PVD Classic" skin used in People View mode.

If I hover my mouse over the area where the person's picture is supposed to go, I get the pop-up toolbar with buttons for importing an image, paste from clipboard, etc. The trouble is, the amount of space allocated within the skin for the picture isn't wide enough to display the entire toolbar at times, and the far-right button "Remove Image" is often truncated or hidden completely by the image area's bounding box. This makes it difficult or impossible to click on that button.

Is there any chance the image toolbar could be reworked so it always displays in front of the image bounding box, rather than behind (and masked by) it?

Barring that, how would I go about increasing the minimum size of the image area so the toolbar will always fit inside it?

Aimhere

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with skin/image toolbars
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 05:00:55 pm »
Never mind, I figured out where in the XML file it sets the width of the photo area, and increased it so the toolbar fits now. Still, for what it's worth, I think the toolbar coding ought to be modified at some point to avoid this kind of thing.

The whole pop-up toolbar code could stand to be cleaned up, really. I find that when I'm in edit mode and point at a blank/unused image area, I often briefly see a snippet of some other image in the background of the pop-up toolbar (it may be the last image I happened to point at within the database record, or a bit of the main toolbar, or even the application window's titlebar).

The garbage image goes away when I move the mouse again, but it's disconcerting to think the application is grabbing data from outside of the current image area. I'm no programmer, but it seems to me that somewhere in the code, there's a pointer that isn't being properly checked that it's in an appropriate range, causing the code to read image data from a place where it shouldn't be looking. This doesn't crash the application, but it's still a condition that needs to be tracked down and eliminated.

Aimhere

anything