Author Topic: How to avoid import of additional images placed in movie's folder?  (Read 5357 times)

Offline Chris64

• View Profile

Hi folks,

maybe I'm too stupid to find any information on this, but whenever I add a file path/file (movie file) to a db record,
all images (jpgs) with similar or same name as the movie itself are imported into (added to) the poster view.

Since I always save preview files with my movies, I do NOT want them to appear in the poster view automagically
(I always have to delete them manually after adding the movie's path). The very same happens on re-reading
the file information (from the list menu) of any particular movie.
From my observations, the "unwished import" does not happen when the movie is part of a series and sorted as such.

Any help or a switch to turn off this behaviour would be very welcome.

TIA Chris

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: How to avoid import of additional images placed in movie's folder?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 08:24:36 pm »
There is currently no possibility to disable this feature, but I will add it in the next update. If you name the files, so that they can't be matched with the name of the video file they will not be imported.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline Chris64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 08:55:20 pm »
There is currently no possibility to disable this feature, but I will add it in the next update. If you name the files, so that they can't be matched with the name of the video file they will not be imported.

Thx for the prompt answer, Nostra. Since I batch generate my previews with "movie thumbnailer" (mtn) using the movie's file name,
i'd prefer some kind of "disable this feature" switch ;-)

BTW, v1.0.2.7 runs fine (... just installed). Big thx for this and your work!

Offline koliniol

• View Profile
    • Digital movie Database
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 06:43:13 pm »

Thx for the prompt answer, Nostra. Since I batch generate my previews with "movie thumbnailer" (mtn) using the movie's file name,
i'd prefer some kind of "disable this feature" switch ;-)

BTW, v1.0.2.7 runs fine (... just installed). Big thx for this and your work!
I second That.
I would also like to be able to disable this feature.
Thanks

anything