Author Topic: Best way to distinguish TV (& series) and Films?  (Read 8296 times)

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
Best way to distinguish TV (& series) and Films?
« on: December 12, 2013, 02:06:36 pm »
OK. I've read many threads about it but which one is the easiest to mark a film as a "Film" and a TV film or TV series as TV?  ???

I would like to find an easy way so I can sort them with one click in the PVDB "sort by" list.

Any advice would be welcomed... :-\

Gear

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to distinguish TV (& series) and Films?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 04:49:58 pm »
OK. I've read many threads about it but which one is the easiest to mark a film as a "Film" and a TV film or TV series as TV?  ???

I would like to find an easy way so I can sort them with one click in the PVDB "sort by" list.

Any advice would be welcomed... :-\

Gear

Maybe you can help IMDb MovieInfo TV script and Tv custom field. Then you can sort by "group by" list (see image).

IMDb MovieInfo TV script is attached.

Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 04:08:59 pm »
Hi Ivek,
I am sorry for the delay in answering, as I was away from my PC.
I tried your plugin, but idoes not work properly. It does not import any information from IMDB, except the basic. (Picture: Reign.jpg).Not even the episodes.
When I use the IMDB-only plugin, I get the full info of the series and the episodes. (Picture:Reign_1.jpg)
The Status you mentioned has to be filled in by hand in the "Custom Field: Status". (Picture: Custom_Fields.jpg).But also the "Rank 250" and "Aspect Ratio" are not imported.

I do not understand how to automate these fields...Can you help ?

Many thanks for your help,
Gear

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 05:15:47 pm »
Attached script to pass the information only for
Maybe you can help IMDb MovieInfo TV script and Tv custom field. Then you can sort by "group by" list

Your name for the custom fields do not match with the name of the custom field in the script.
Tell me the name of the skin to better answer.
Ivek23

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 02:03:01 am »
Hi Ivek,

I do manually put these information to a "Category" field, cause it sounds logical to me: "Which category is this PVD entry?" "It's documentary, TV movie, movie, For video only, etc..."

How should I modify your script to automatically fill "Category" field with these data using your script?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Your custom field names for these data are "TV" and "TV2"? Why two fields?

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 04:14:49 pm »
Your name for the custom fields do not match with the name of the custom field in the script.
I assume you are using pvd_classic_movie or pvd_classic_movie_tabs skin.
In this case, will rename your custom fields very simple.

In the Tools / Preferences / Movies / Custom items , you will, for example, "Aspect Ratio" custom field only "Rename", so you will all the information remains in your database (see sshot-2).

Notice:
But certainly not to use the "Delete" because you're so then delete the custom field as well as all data in this custom field.

In the IMDB plugin should be used names of custom fields, such as the default settings for IMDB plugin.
The default settings the names of the custom fields in the IMDB plugin:
IMDB Votes
Top 250:
Technical Specs:

User Review:

In the absence of the same names of custom fields you IMDB plugin did not pass the information to Technical Specs. IMDB plugin or script to pass the information on the Top 250 only in the case of a movie ranked on a scale of Top 250.

The same names are custom fields in the script:
IMDB Votes
Top 250:

Imdb script also has the following custom fields:
Imdb Title   for  "Complete title"
Tv2 and Tv   for  "TV Series & etc ..."
Imdb Aspect Ratio   for  "Aspect Ratio:"
Updated   for  "Date ~Updated~ (choose simple or verbose version)"

P.S. Your custom field names for these data are "TV" and "TV2"? Why two fields?

TV custom field displays the usual information.
TV2 is memo custom field, which is the url link, more about it here and here.

Attached also IMDb MovieInfo TV (2) script with more information.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:00:03 pm by Ivek23 »
Ivek23

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 04:25:45 pm »
Hi Ivek,

I do manually put these information to a "Category" field, cause it sounds logical to me: "Which category is this PVD entry?" "It's documentary, TV movie, movie, For video only, etc..."

How should I modify your script to automatically fill "Category" field with these data using your script?

Thanks in advance.

Here we go as here:

Code: [Select]
//~TV Series & etc ... ~
TmpStr2 := StringReplace(TmpStr2, 'Video Game        ', 'Video Game', True, True, False);
if TmpStr2 <> '' then AddFieldValueXML('category', TmpStr2);
if TmpStr2 <> '' then AddCustomFieldValueByName('Tv', TmpStr2);
//if TmpStr2 <> '' then AddCustomFieldValueByName('Tv2', '<link url="' + MovieURL + '">' + TmpStr2 + '</link>');
end;

//~TV Series & etc ... ~
TmpStr3 := '';
// TmpStr3 := StringReplace(TmpStr3, ' -', '', True, True, False);
if TmpStr3 <> '' then  AddFieldValueXML('category', TmpStr3);
if TmpStr3 <> '' then AddCustomFieldValueByName('Tv', TmpStr3);
// if TmpStr3 <> '' then AddCustomFieldValueByName('Tv2', '<link url="' + MovieURL + '">' + TmpStr3 + '</link>');
end;
end;
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 07:27:12 pm by Ivek23 »
Ivek23

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 01:40:51 am »
To: Afrocuban and Ivek

Both of you are too much advanced compared to my level, as I have no idea of programming..! The pictures I enclosed in my answer to Ivek (above) are from a Test PVD I made to check how that info worked. As I am using the "PVD Classic Tabs" (v.1.0.0.3) skin, my Normal working PVD, has a Custom tab which I had added for my DVD available items (not downloaded). See the first picture included. These fields are filled-in manually of course.
I am trying to add to this Custom Tab (or to a new one if that is possible), the technical data of the films/TV series, i.e. Color, Aspect ratio, Sound mix, and whatever else is available on the IMDB site (Top 250, etc. but not the user review).

Apart from the above I would like to add -somewhere- if the video is a TV Film, TV Mini-Serie, TV Series, to be able to sort them with the "sort by" button of the software.

Please don't ask me to write or program as I have no idea. Any simple help ?
Gear

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 10:07:37 am »
As I am using the "PVD Classic Tabs" (v.1.0.0.3) skin,

In the "Classic PVD Tabs' skin, the custom fields can be added easily, anytime and how many (a lot or a little custom fields) you want to have.

I am trying to add to this Custom Tab (or to a new one if that is possible), the technical data of the films/TV series, i.e. Color, Aspect ratio, Sound mix, and whatever else is available on the IMDB site (Top 250, etc. but not the user review).

For technical data I recommend  "Technical Specs:" memo custom field and Technical Specifications IMDB page individual script, which is here and there is also more explanations.

Apart from the above I would like to add -somewhere- if the video is a TV Film, TV Mini-Serie, TV Series, to be able to sort them with the "sort by" button of the software.

Here I recommend Tv Short text or Select list custom field, and then be easy to use
to be able to sort them with the "sort by" button of the software.
BTW:
The  "TV Series & etc ..."  information shall be transmitted only when they are also added to the movie web sites.

Short text or Select list custom field also applies to other custom fields where you want to use
to be able to sort them with the "sort by" button of the software.
Ivek23

anything