Author Topic: IMDB Full Credits Import  (Read 6054 times)

Offline UtNut

• User
    • View Profile
IMDB Full Credits Import
« on: July 24, 2014, 01:45:28 pm »
Hi,

I'm trying to import this IMDB page into PVD 09.9.21

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2726822/fullcredits

I'm using the PVD Download Manager Skin

Could somebody please steer me in to the right direction, or is it not all possible?

TIA
1984 was NOT supposed to be an instruction manual

mgpw4me

Re: IMDB Full Credits Import
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 02:16:49 am »
The skin isn't the problem (see attached).

Just a guess that you are timing out.  Try, try, try again.  Or if you get tired of that check your TOOLS -> PREFERENCES ->  INTERNET CONNECTION -> ADVANCED.  My settings are in the second image.

Of course, you should also check you have the latest IMDB plugin....
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:21:54 am by mgpw4me »

Offline UtNut

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 01:47:45 pm »
Thx a bunch for ur info, but it's weird....

I tried to get this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2726822/fullcredits after I exactly copied ur settings. Perfect, all credits were there. Then I tried another one, not working. Tried again n again n again etcetera, still no show. Only actors no other credits...Went back to the one that worked to check it again, now this one failed as well, same as the 2nd one....Gave up after 10 times... I even doubled ur time out settings. I'm using the 0.9.8.25 IMDB plugin, which I checked is the latest.

Much obliged if u or anyone else could shine a light on this.

Thx again, and my word if ur id # is right u have a massive collection....

Offline UtNut

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 01:27:44 pm »
Thx a bunch for ur info, but it's weird....

Sorry, reading this again I have to correct myself. By no means I meant that your info was weird, just the things that happened after I implemented them....

mgpw4me

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 10:14:31 pm »
Sorry to be slow to respond.  I don't hang out here much anymore...busy, busy.

Well, my next guess is you might have a corrupted database.

Try creating a new database, and plopping your movie into that.  If it works, you might have a bad sector on your hard drive.  You can run error checking against the drive to see if that fixes it, or you can install a firebird server and use a repair tool for the database.  From PVD, optimise MIGHT work, but doubtful...and it's likely to cause data loss as well.  Exporting the title and imdb urls into a file and importing them into the new database might be a good option...just run a mass update on all records.

Yah, my collection is a bit out of hand.  Database is just under 2GB.  Almost 9k movies, 130k people.  About 25% of people have a least one photo.  No screen shots.  Been pruning the worst of the worst to make space, but it's a slow process.