English > Support

problem connecting to firebird server

<< < (2/2)

nostra:
Yes

abubin:
alright..after doing a lot more tests and consideration. I will now stick with using firebird server. Thanks for all the advice and help.

abubin:
i have just reinstalled my server into ubuntu 14.04. And I tell you..I have a tough time installing firebird.

Seems like there is a bug with the firebird package in this distro. It tried tons to install and re-install and firebird-classic, firebird-super and firebird-superclassic and still unable to install from the package.

So I downloaded the latest source of firebird-super and installed it manually. Eventually the firebird server starts to work. Now I am stuck in trying to connect PVD portable to the firebird pvd database.

I can get a prompt asking me for username and password but when I key in the username and pass (pvd/pvd) it just doesn't connect. Gave me an error saying user not yet setup and need to contact db admin and yadda yadda.

But already created the user pvd and tried connecting from FlameRobin and it works.

I am out of idea...anyone can help?

abubin:
ok..solved it LOL...

leaving the comment here so that I can refer it back myself in the future or for anyone who might have similar issue.

having installed firebird manually, the aliases.conf is actually located in different location. /opt/firebird

LOL... ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version