Author Topic: Actor Images?  (Read 8129 times)

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
Actor Images?
« on: January 02, 2014, 10:26:41 am »
I have tried to start getting info about actors including images. I know there is some issue at the moment with imdb and not being able to get movie posters. But is this also with actor pics too? Is there another way to get actor images other than physically going to google or yahoo and DL'ing them myself? I know you can go through amazon to get movie posters, but there doesn't seem to be an alternative to get actor images. Any ideas? Thanks

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Actor Images?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 04:07:28 pm »
I have tried to start getting info about actors including images. I know there is some issue at the moment with imdb and not being able to get movie posters. But is this also with actor pics too? Is there another way to get actor images other than physically going to google or yahoo and DL'ing them myself? I know you can go through amazon to get movie posters, but there doesn't seem to be an alternative to get actor images. Any ideas? Thanks

As there is currently no People plugin or People script does not work or fails to transfer photos people, I'm a bit of deepening in IMDb People Script and allows the transfer of photos of people from IMDB People web pages.

As currently IMDb People plugin does not transfer the photos, here is the IMDB People Photo Script as a temporary solution.

Scripts is attached in the first post.

Scripts is attached in the People imdb script: additional information .
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 07:13:28 pm »
A little confused as to what I need and where do I install the files or whatever?

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 07:53:17 pm »
A little confused as to what I need and where do I install the files or whatever?

IMDB plugin probably already have it. So you still need IMDB People Photo Script by the copying install in program folder:
Personal Video Database/Scripts
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:03:38 pm by Ivek23 »
Ivek23

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 10:50:42 pm »
Ok...I DL'ed that file..placed it in the PVD\Scripts folder...restarted the program...and nada...still don't get the pics...I am using version 1.0.2.6. Does this make any difference? I had an older version before and liked it but it suddenly stopped downloading everything...

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 01:36:04 am »
I DL'ed PVD v 1.0.2.7...I re-downloaded the IMDB People Photo Script and put it in the Scripts folder in the PVD Program folder. Still doesn't download the pics for actors

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 07:38:46 am »
Ok...I DL'ed that file..placed it in the PVD\Scripts folder...restarted the program...and nada...still don't get the pics...I am using version 1.0.2.6. Does this make any difference? I had an older version before and liked it but it suddenly stopped downloading everything...
I DL'ed PVD v 1.0.2.7...I re-downloaded the IMDB People Photo Script and put it in the Scripts folder in the PVD Program folder. Still doesn't download the pics for actors

Script has been tested on version 1.0.2.6 and it works without problems. Transferred, the photo only those people whose photos are on the web site.
Also important are the settings for the script (attached image).
Ivek23

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 08:53:47 am »
Ok I got it working...what I didn't realize...I had to DL the info from IMDB...then switch over to IMDB People Photo plugin and search for a pic. I thought I could just leave it on the regular IMDB plugin. Thanks so much for all your help!!

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 11:05:12 am »
Thanks so much for all your help!!

Thank you, nice to hear that the problem is solved.
Ivek23

Offline dekiscool

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 12:04:06 am »
I am glad it is solved too!! Until the next issue...lol Hopefully never...

anything