Author Topic: XML File Export not picking up change to Genre  (Read 5031 times)

Offline simscj2000

• View Profile
XML File Export not picking up change to Genre
« on: January 19, 2014, 11:46:29 pm »
I have changed the genre on some of my videos, and I am repeatedly attempting to export the XML file with the changes.  However, the genre is not changing.

After making the changes, I have verified that the change takes place, even so far as to exit PVD all together and restart it, but I can't get it to update the XML file.  This started recently and with some newer videos I have added, they are showing with no genre as the xml export has seemingly stopped grabbing that value.  I did have a custom created genre that was 2 words.  I changed that to a single word thinking that might be causing a problem, but no luck there.  As a matter of fact, after changing from two words to one, the videos that were originally saved with the 2 word format are still that way.

In other words, it is not updating the genre any longer.  Any advice is appreciated.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: XML File Export not picking up change to Genre
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 12:00:01 am »
Are you sure you are exporting at all? Does the file's modified date change?
Even if there were a bug where I may have forgotten a commit on the database and some changes were not updated for the export routine, the problem would not occur after restart. 
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline simscj2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 03:01:44 pm »
I continue to see this happening.  This morning I added a video to my library and added it to Personal Video Database.  It is an exercise video, so I created a new genre called exercise and added it to the movie information (using the mass editor drop down selector).  I exported the XML file, and everything was fine (it correctly added the genre and poster file path along with all details to the xml file). 

I then went back and added 2 more exercise videos using the same process.  This time, I created the xml file but not everything was added to the xml file.  Specifically, before exporting the xml file, I manually edited the PVD Original Title field, the Also Known as field, the Genre Field, and I added the poster image to the record.  In adding the Genre, I tried it twice, once using the mass editor drop down, and then once by manually typing by editing the record.  After each attempt, I exported the XML file with the same results.  Everything was copied to the 2 new records except the genre and poster path.

This seems sporadic...if I can determine anything specific that I am doing that results in this behavior, I will let you know.

Offline simscj2000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 03:07:35 pm »
Quick follow up...I closed PVD and re-opened it.  Exported the XML file and it grabbed all of the information this time.