Author Topic: Just "Preserve all copies" on duplicate entries  (Read 4573 times)

Offline dma

• View Profile
Just "Preserve all copies" on duplicate entries
« on: June 30, 2014, 04:43:56 pm »
Hi,

So i am back on using PVD, among anything because there's no other movies catalog program with such a complete IMDB scraper (IMDB movie tags scraping is just a must for building an interesting movies database, period).
And i am rebuilding the database from scratch. Which shouldn't be no bother as i got IMDB IDs/URLs for all the entries.

But problem, i got some wanted duplicate entries (different DVD releases of the same movie).

Those got differenced names/titles when importing from CSV list, mainly just to skip the duplicate entry problem in question below at that stage. So PVD doesn't see those as duplicates when doing the CSV import.

But then when i import the infos from IMDB. It then change the title, putting the same one on both record (which is what i want, as i use the "release" field to differentiate those).

So please, tell me, where is the (hidden? .conf file only?) parameter to skip the "Duplicate record(s) found" window and always do "Preserve all copies"?

(it seems to only asks this on the first duplication detection for an entry, if i re-import IMDB infos on that same entry, it asks nothing, then just preserving all copies - so if there really is no option for this, maybe i can edit the DB directly to set the magic flag or value just after the CSV import)

Unchecking the "Show selection dialog if similar records are already in the database" doesn't prevent this window to appear. Actually, i wonder what this option changes.

I am using v1.0.2.7.

Many thanks in advance and thank again for PVD, still the best out there.

Offline dma

• View Profile
Re: Just "Preserve all copies" on duplicate entries
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 05:01:13 pm »
OK, replying to myself : The "Show selection dialog if similar records are already in the database" preferences option works in v0.9.9.21 and do what i want when unchecked.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 05:44:49 pm by dma »

anything