Author Topic: PVD and Windows 8.1  (Read 6601 times)

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
PVD and Windows 8.1
« on: April 02, 2015, 04:43:03 pm »
I have changed my old Laptop to a new one with Windows 8.1. I want to install PVD v.1.0.2.7 on it and transfer my PVD 9.9.21 "Movie File" or backup from my PC, to use it with the new version.

Questions:

1) Can I do that? Is the v.9.9.21 data file compatible with PVD v.1.0.2.7 ?
2) Can I use the old version plugins copying them to the new version? Are they compatible?
3) If the data are not compatible, how can I transfer it? Is there any solution?

Many thanks for the help.
George

PS. Where is the "Star Sign" which enters automatic numbering (in PVD v.9) on the new v.1.0.2.7 ?

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
Re: PVD and Windows 8.1
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 03:10:17 am »
Bug Report PVD v.1 on Windows 8.1:

On a Trial PVD database (v.1.0.2.7) tried to download Game of Thrones. Following are the bugs: 1) Imports only a "small" picture of the episode (see attachment). When I refresh the Series I get a second picture on ALL Episodes! No way to get the full picture.
2) If I edit an episode, the number changes from "Episode 2.0 to-->Episode 2.4 I have to manually re-edit it and put the zero manually. See attachment (Don't understand that)!!!
3) The Year is not inserted till you re-download the episode data information....
4) The default marked "Seen" (in preferences), does not work. Comes-up blank. I have to manually check it.
5) Although I have set-up the Custom fields as per my (fully working) PVD v.0.9, only the IMDB Votes are downloaded and shown.
6) Finally while updating (My first update) before entering anything, but having removed all languages except English, I got a message which is not understood (See attachment).
6) No photos of Actors are imported...

I have the feeling that Both PVD and me are abandoned the last 4-5 months without updates and/or corrections.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Gear

Offline fenlander

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 03:52:57 pm »
I have changed my old Laptop to a new one with Windows 8.1. I want to install PVD v.1.0.2.7 on it and transfer my PVD 9.9.21 "Movie File" or backup from my PC, to use it with the new version.

Questions:

1) Can I do that? Is the v.9.9.21 data file compatible with PVD v.1.0.2.7 ?
2) Can I use the old version plugins copying them to the new version? Are they compatible?
3) If the data are not compatible, how can I transfer it? Is there any solution?

Many thanks for the help.
George

PS. Where is the "Star Sign" which enters automatic numbering (in PVD v.9) on the new v.1.0.2.7 ?

gear: Did you resolve your issue with using a 9.9.21 data file with a new installation of 1.0.2.7? I see you didn't get much help here, but I'm in the same situation and you might be the man with the answer.

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 06:25:58 pm »
Hi fenlander.

I have solved the basic problems, but I still have unsolved questions. Please read the Topic "Peculiar numbering in PVD v.1", further down. It will help you.

Regards,
Gear

Offline fenlander

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 09:46:40 pm »
Thanks. On my way the now.

anything