Author Topic: Peculiar Numbering in PVD v.1  (Read 7909 times)

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
Peculiar Numbering in PVD v.1
« on: April 10, 2015, 07:57:51 pm »
I am still trying to learn v.1 on my Windows 8.1

I don't understand why in the attached picture, the number of the episodes is 1.5, 2.5, and so on (Left in the list), on all Seasons, instead of 1.0, 2.0, etc. Number 5 is shown also on all the episodes Tab (Right side) above the picture.

Also, if I edit an episode, the number changes!

If anybody can help, I would be obliged...

Gear

mgpw4me

Re: Peculiar Numbering in PVD v.1
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 02:39:39 am »
the number of the episodes is 1.5, 2.5, and so on

Hmmm, I see 1. 5, 2. 5 and so on.  *note the space* The '5' is where the episode title normally goes.  The REGEX parsing your filename might be the cause.

Why doesn't the '5-' show up on the display pane?  It's one word.  Answer:  It's 2 words.  The '5' is the PVD ID for the series, and the '-' is something else, possibly a custom selection list option with V.1?

I'd look for an answer somewhere in your filename REGEX and your selection list options.  Maybe you have the REGEX fields set out of order for the file you are parsing?

I'll be away for some time (undetermined), so maybe a mod can assist you further.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 03:20:27 am by mgpw4me »

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 01:58:54 pm »
Hi mgpw4me. Thanks for replying, but the mystery remains:

I deleted the "Reign" series and then re-inserted it. Now it lists as 1.7, 2,7, etc.
I added a new series "American Crime". This one also is numbered as 1.7, 2.7, etc.!!!! (See second attachment "New numbering"). Don't understand why, when ALL series in PVD v.0.9 are 1.0, 2.0, etc. (See third attachment "Reign in Old PVD").

The layout is correct because I copied exactly the same from my v.0.9 (see first attachment). The space is there too. But the "zero" does not show on the right (display pane), while all other numbers show. That is why the "5" is in the display pane. I can manually change it to zero, but its a lot of manual work...

Regarding the REGEX you mention, you are talking Greek to me as I have no clue about it.

Today I found out that the Technical Specs are also not imported !! Although I have the same "Custom" fields and script as in my v.0.9 (in which it works perfectly). See fourth attachment "Technical Specs". IVEK where are you??

Gear

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 07:15:31 pm »
IVEK where are you??

Here I am, but I can not help in this case because I do not know what's appearance and how it works Windows 8.1, because it is not in use.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 08:14:21 pm »
Hi Ivek,

Thanks for posting so quickly. I have re-installed v.1.x, did all the preferences and various settings exactly the same as in my v.0.9.x. I also copied the .psf (Technical specs) file on the new PVD.

I am backing-up at the moment my old PVD and will transfer it for opening in the new version...

We will see what happens! As it will take some time, I will post tomorrow the results.

Thank you again.
George

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 04:26:43 pm »
I have copied to my Windows 8.1 the two files from my Windows XP v.0.9.  (The *.PVD file and the *.bak file) and then "Restored" the back file to my version 1.0 PVD. Everything worked fine and have my PVD database complete on my Laptop too!!

That means that the older version is compatible with the new one. But have not solved the peculiar numbering which happened in my trial PVD database.

One negativething I discovered in v.1.0 is that the list on the left with the titles, cannot be expanded to the right further to a fixed point, thus the whole title can not be seen when it is a long one. Is this a bug of V.1.0. ??? or I am doing something wrong??

Anybody knows what are the *.PTM files in v.0.9. ???

The Technical data also are working now Ivek. I corrected it by copying a forgotten *.psf file!

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 05:46:05 pm »
Anybody knows what are the *.PTM files in v.0.9. ???

This files you found in program folder:
Personal Video Database\Plugins\Templates

However, this files is used to export Plain text data (export movies or persons using templates).
Settings\Plugins\Plain text

The Technical data also are working now Ivek. I corrected it by copying a forgotten *.psf file!

Excellent, good to hear that this problem is solved.
Ivek23

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 04:17:09 pm »
Thank you Ivek for clarifying to me the PTM files.

A new problem was discovered today: When I add the path of a video file in PVD v.1.0, the external subtitles (in *srt file) with the same name with the video, I get a line of multiple "English" in the subtitle line!!! (See the attached picture).

In PVD v.0.9 external subtitles where not recognized (except if they where included in the video file) and had to add them manually.

Anybody knows why?? or how to correct it?

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 05:04:23 pm »
Thank you Ivek for clarifying to me the PTM files.

Welcome.
Ivek23

Offline gear

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 02:29:38 pm »
It seems to me that when the "Autonumbering" is checked in the Preferences, is causing all this number fuss. When I turned it off, everything is back to normal !!!!

Another bug of v.1.x ??

anything