Author Topic: PVD  (Read 3559 times)

Offline AimHere

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
PVD
« on: August 15, 2023, 10:07:38 pm »
Hi all,

Kind of sad to see this once-great software and website wither on the vine. PVD was such a great help to me in cataloging my burgeoning Internet videos library. But between Nostra leaving, the end of http: support on all the relevant data sites, and the never-ending changes to those sites, it's a wonder Ivek has been able to keep it working. Kind of shocked, really, that the domain registration never ran out, for one thing.

Personally, I had to stop using PVD a few years back. I could never get the "new/mod" version to work, not with the script I had been using. I just didn't have the programming skills needed to get it working with the new mod. Left off with less than half my collection scanned in.  :(

Recently built a new PC, and might try to reinstall it one more time. But I'm not hopeful that the process has become any easier.

I wish there were a video database software that was half as feature-packed and efficient as PVD...

aimhere

Online Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: PVD
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 08:48:14 am »
Thanks.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline RazorHall

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 02:19:24 am »
I agree, it is a very sad and frustrating thing.  I certainly appreciate Ivek's efforts to keep PVD alive, and I still use it pretty frequently, but I'm not sure how much longer that will be the case.  For example, the tags/keywords feature was something that made PVD unique, and it was the feature I used the most.  But that information is no longer downloaded when I add new movies, so it's been very disappointing lately.  I think I'll be experimenting with other programs soon to see if I can find something that will do the job until another standout comes along.

Online Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 08:28:19 am »
I agree, it is a very sad and frustrating thing.  I certainly appreciate Ivek's efforts to keep PVD alive, and I still use it pretty frequently, but I'm not sure how much longer that will be the case.  For example, the tags/keywords feature was something that made PVD unique, and it was the feature I used the most.  But that information is no longer downloaded when I add new movies, so it's been very disappointing lately.  I think I'll be experimenting with other programs soon to see if I can find something that will do the job until another standout comes along.

You will find the IMDB_[EN][HTTPS] (Plot Keywords) script at this link below.

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,4205.msg21798.html#msg21798
Ivek23

Offline RazorHall

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2023, 02:45:32 pm »
A keywords script, awesome!  Somehow I never noticed that post before now.  Anyway, thanks, Ivek!

Online Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2023, 06:49:33 pm »
A keywords script, awesome!  Somehow I never noticed that post before now.  Anyway, thanks, Ivek!

Welcome. Yes, it was uploaded to the Personal Video Database alternate Forum, which unfortunately is no longer available.
Ivek23

anything