Author Topic: How te get the largest possible set of data from IMDb  (Read 11323 times)

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
How te get the largest possible set of data from IMDb
« on: January 15, 2020, 02:11:49 am »
Yes, I admit I'm confused. For example, there are at least 8 scripts fro IMDb and I am not sure at all which does what.

Wouldn't be great to make table comparison tables for all the scripts for each source that has multiple scripts?

Meaning, row titles would be all PVD fields (regular and hidden custom ones), and the name of the columns would be (IMDb, for example) script names (awards, episodes, 0000, 0000-a, Cast_awards, etc to name a few).

In the cells there would be "+" or "" (blank cell), or "Px" (works with Proxomitron) depending of script capabilities.

I have tons of current and legacy scripts and this could help us all to neatly clean PVD and its interface.

Thanks in advance

There are too many versions and types of PVD and its scripts and I am definitely lost, so I will try to revive this topic. Please help us Ivek to summarize all the things at one place, to make some kind of "How To" manual, with no replies, or at least "manuals" to be in in the first message of a topic.

Let's start with series for example.

For those who use PVD 1.0.2.7 MOD and want to import the largest possible set of data for SERIES, they should use these scripts and take these steps:

I Apply IMDB Movie (episodelist) script v 0.1.1.6 + Proxomitron to get at most 10 seasons episode list. If there are more than 10 seasons, the only solution is to apply workaround as follows:
1. Edit Series URL field and substitute series link with season link, for example http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1442437/episodes?season=1.
2. Set PVD -> Preferences -> Internet connection -> Use proxy server to 127.0.0.1 at port 80, meaning through Proxo.
3. Set overwrite options for the selected plugin - IMDb Movi Script (episodelist): Click ALL then manually uncheck all fields, except field Episodes which has to remain checked with check mark.
4. Import data - episode list for season 1 will be imported.
5. Edit Series URL field, delete season URL and bring back series IMDb URL, for example http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1442437/
6. Uncheck proxy in Internet connection
You will find the latest version of this script HERE

II Select Series entry and apply IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] V 1.4.1.3 script, without Proxo, in order to get whole series data.

III Now you can select all episodes in a season and with a single click to import data for all episodes by applying IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] V 1.4.1.3 script script, without Proxo. You can find latest version of this script on THIS topic, as well as the latest version of PVD.

That's all. You don't need any other script in order to get the largest possible set of data for Series and episodes.

N O W    Ivek,
1. Is this correct if one uses PVD MOD and wants to import series?
2. If not, what I need to add/change in this message so it could be absolutely correct? What other scripts would give us more data and/or more accurate data?
3. What are the differeneces between these and the ones you'd arguably propose?

After we set this message, we can do the same for the PVD MOD + Movies, than the same for older versions of PVD, if you agree.

My proposal is whenever some script is updated, to edit links and text in this message.

Best regards
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 10:14:10 pm by afrocuban »

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Proposal for different scripts for the same source
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 10:36:48 am »
A forum on this could be done on the forum or a special Child Boards on this Proposal idea. In pvd, however, as far as I know, it probably can't be done.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 04:40:50 am »
Yes, I meant a table here in the forum

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 09:58:20 pm »
There are too many versions and types of PVD and its scripts and I am definitely lost, so I will try to revive this topic. Please help us Ivek to summarize all the things at one place, to make some kind of "How To" manual, with no replies, or at least "manuals" to be in in the first message of a topic.

Let's start with series for example.

For those who use PVD 1.0.2.7 MOD and want to import the largest possible set of data for SERIES, they should use these scripts and take these steps:

I Apply IMDB Movie (episodelist) script v 0.1.1.6 + Proxomitron to get at most 10 seasons episode list. If there are more than 10 seasons, the only solution is to apply workaround as follows:
1. Edit Series URL field and substitute series link with season link, for example http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1442437/episodes?season=1.
2. Set PVD -> Preferences -> Internet connection -> Use proxy server to 127.0.0.1 at port 80, meaning through Proxo.
3. Set overwrite options for the selected plugin - IMDb Movi Script (episodelist): Click ALL then manually uncheck all fields, except field Episodes which has to remain checked with check mark.
4. Import data - episode list for season 1 will be imported.
5. Edit Series URL field, delete season URL and bring back series IMDb URL, for example http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1442437/
6. Uncheck proxy in Internet connection
You will find the latest version of this script HERE

II Select Series entry and apply IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] V 1.4.1.3 script, without Proxo, in order to get whole series data.

III Now you can select all episodes in a season and with a single click to import data for all episodes by applying IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] V 1.4.1.3 script script, without Proxo. You can find latest version of this script on THIS topic, as well as the latest version of PVD.

That's all. You don't need any other script in order to get the largest possible set of data for Series and episodes.

N O W    Ivek,
1. Is this correct if one uses PVD MOD and wants to import series?
2. If not, what I need to add/change in this message so it could be absolutely correct? What other scripts would give us more data and/or more accurate data?
3. What are the differeneces between these and the ones you'd arguably propose?

After we set this message, we can do the same for the PVD MOD + Movies, than the same for older versions of PVD, if you agree.

My proposal is whenever some script is updated, to edit links and text in this message.

Best regards

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 06:44:11 am »
A forum on this could be done on the forum or a special Child Boards on this Proposal idea. In pvd, however, as far as I know, it probably can't be done.

Yes, I meant a table here in the forum

I'd like to start editing this, but I'm waiting for the sixth of May and days after that to see if this forum will continue to work after that date. The same goes for one post before. If the forum continues to work then I will try to prepare these matters so that these descriptions and tables are in one place in the forum and can be used by any user as some sort of guide to using PVD when most websites use a secure https link.
Ivek23

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How te get the largest possible set of data from IMDb
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 07:21:05 am »
I will make tables for plug-ins and scripts in the near future, if they are still useful and in what way and with what (which program) they work.

I am currently busy with several script projects at once and also the new coronavirus (COVID-19) situation is taking up a lot of my time. There may be more time in the fall-winter period to prepare this for all PVD users.
Ivek23

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 07:50:35 am »
Thank you so much for your time, Ivek!

Offline Pacifist

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 01:22:25 pm »
I will make tables for plug-ins and scripts in the near future, if they are still useful and in what way and with what (which program) they work.

I am currently busy with several script projects at once and also the new coronavirus (COVID-19) situation is taking up a lot of my time. There may be more time in the fall-winter period to prepare this for all PVD users.

Thanks. Are looking forward to.  :) I wish you great health!!!

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 05:30:01 pm »

Thanks. Are looking forward to.  :) I wish you great health!!!

Thanks.
Ivek23

anything