Author Topic: Bug report and feature request for Personal Video Database  (Read 4068 times)

Offline Hadron

• View Profile
Bug report and feature request for Personal Video Database
« on: January 25, 2016, 05:12:03 pm »
Hello,

I am a happy user of Personal Video Database v. 1.0.2.7. that I am running on my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 machine. I have noticed three bugs:

1) I have many movies organized in several folders. When I use Search box to select few of them and then select "Move vodeo files to..." from the pop-up menu (right click) to change the selected movies' file paths to another folder I notice a bug - although the file paths as visible in the "File Path" field of the selected movies in the right pane are updated to new location the problem appears when I use Export tool to generate xml list (I use "XML (Movies)" built-in template). The problem is that although the file paths have been updated the files generated by the Export tool does not reflect this - the old paths are visible in the generated files. Please note that this is not specific to the "XML (Movies)" template but the problem appears in any Export template that contains "File path" field (in the template editor that is {%value=path}). For example I have created my own template that generates GOM Player playlists and it has the same problem since my template also uses {%value=path}. Please note that the problem disappears when I repeat the Export operation - the problem is visible only in the first try. This problem is not visible if there is no move operation with "Move vodeo files to...".

2) The second bug I have noticed is that PVD always tries to open exported file (generated by the Export tool) regardless of the status of "Open file upon completion" checkbox that is visible at the bottom of the "Templates for Plain text Export" window (that is opened with "Configure selected plugin" button on the Export toolbar).

3) When opening PVD Export always selects "Export to Mediaportal" regardless of the default template marked as DEFAULT with "Use as default" button in the "Templates for Plain text Export" window.

FEATURE REQUEST

I also have a feature request. Sometime it is difficult to list all the movies which do not have similar titles but in which the main actor plays the same role. For example James Bond movies have very different titles but there is always the main role called "James Bond". It is easy to list all Indiana Jones movies since all the movies have "Indiana Jones" in their title, but 007 James Bond movies have very different titles. I have noticed that PVD downloads not only actors' names but also their roles. For example in the French movie "Le Gendarme de St. Tropez" French actor Louis de Funès plays the role of police officer Ludovic Cruchot. I know that PVD allows to search database for actors but I wish there is a possibility to search the database for roles as well. For example I want to list all movies with role name "Ludovic Cruchot", or all movies with role name "James Bond". My wish is for the search to be extended to role names as well.

Thank you for giving us the best movie organizer in the world. I hope you will consider these issues in the next release of PVD.

best regards from Croatia