Author Topic: IMDB Title Problems  (Read 7349 times)

Offline UtNut

• User
    • View Profile
IMDB Title Problems
« on: February 22, 2016, 06:16:29 pm »
If ignorant, I hide behind the fact that there are no stupid questions etcetera.

I've looked a bit around here and must admit that I'm a bit lost in this world of scripts, batches and plugins.
I am a filmbuff but love tv series too and I still am convinced that PVD is the best DB for any large or small collection of this (mine is at 4645 atm and still growing). Kudos to its maker(s) and especially to Ivek for keeping it alive. I've recently stumbled on this problem: Var Ue_t0=window.ue_t0||+new Date(); as the title of any new entry, movie or episode. For a noob like me this is seriously frightening. I did try every new script recently posted on this forum but to no avail. It seems not such  big problem for me because it looks like it is importing all other info correctly, so if I just uncheck title in the script 0.9.8.26 and put that in manually my problem should be solved?
But if some good soul would explain to me if or what I'm doing wrong it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
1984 was NOT supposed to be an instruction manual

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: IMDB Title Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 02:27:03 pm »
If ignorant, I hide behind the fact that there are no stupid questions etcetera.

I've looked a bit around here and must admit that I'm a bit lost in this world of scripts, batches and plugins.
I am a filmbuff but love tv series too and I still am convinced that PVD is the best DB for any large or small collection of this (mine is at 4645 atm and still growing). Kudos to its maker(s) and especially to Ivek for keeping it alive.

Thanks, UtNut.

I've recently stumbled on this problem: Var Ue_t0=window.ue_t0||+new Date(); as the title of any new entry, movie or episode.

This is since the changes occurred in the IMDB web pages in the IMDB plugin is no longer possible way to block that plug-in that would not pass.

For a noob like me this is seriously frightening. I did try every new script recently posted on this forum but to no avail. It seems not such  big problem for me because it looks like it is importing all other info correctly, so if I just uncheck title in the script 0.9.8.26 and put that in manually my problem should be solved?
But if some good soul would explain to me if or what I'm doing wrong it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Maybe IMDB Movie Info(title) script however, this is only to prevent. 

First, useIMDB Movie Info(title) script where you want the title box checked if you want the original title of the film or not. Original title box should be marked. Then use the IMDB plugin, where the title box and original title box should not be marked. All you do this in the settings.
For ease of use, use the IMDB title.batch.

IMDB Movie Info(title) script and IMDB title.batch file is attached.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline UtNut

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 06:48:19 pm »
Marvellous, solved my problem. Thanks again Ivek.
1984 was NOT supposed to be an instruction manual

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 08:05:11 pm »
Marvellous, solved my problem. Thanks again Ivek.

My pleasure to the problem is solved and thank you for the positive feedback.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD