Author Topic: Can I avoid the links?  (Read 25965 times)

Offline Peter

• View Profile
Can I avoid the links?
« on: August 07, 2016, 02:02:19 pm »
Hello!

Of course the first words I have to say are: Many thanks for this excellent software! During the last days I have tried various applications for organizing my movies, and Personal Video Database was by far the best one for me. It is very easy and comfortable to use and the appearance of the data looks great.

In a certain respect PVD offers even too much features for my needs.  ;) Whenever a name is written into fields like "Actors", "Director", "Writer" etc. a link is automatically created. As I do not use these links at all, it would be fine if their creation could be avoided or if at least they could be deleted afterwards (so that the names can be seen in the field simply with their letters). Exists such a possibility?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Windows 7 Home 32bit, PVD version 1.0.2.7

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
Re: Can I avoid the links?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 11:30:17 pm »
Hello Peter,

I'm happy that one more user discovered how superior PVD is. Unfortunately, for now, PVD is abandoned by his creator. Ivek23 is the only person/user that can help so far to maintain certain level of usability. Such a shame for such a great piece of software.

Kind regards

Offline Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 10:45:47 am »
Hello afrocuban,

thanks for your reply. Yes, by reading a little bit in the forum I saw that PVD is not actively developed at the moment. I thought that possibly Ivek23 or other members of the forum might have an idea how it could work to "get rid of" the links. (The same applies to some other questions that perhaps I will post later on.)

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 03:07:42 pm »
Hello Peter,

I'm happy that one more user discovered how superior PVD is. Unfortunately, for now, PVD is abandoned by his creator. Ivek23 is the only person/user that can help so far to maintain certain level of usability. Such a shame for such a great piece of software.

Kind regards

Thanks, afrocuban.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 03:10:05 pm »
Hello!

Of course the first words I have to say are: Many thanks for this excellent software! During the last days I have tried various applications for organizing my movies, and Personal Video Database was by far the best one for me. It is very easy and comfortable to use and the appearance of the data looks great.

Welcome to the forum, Peter.

I apologize for the slightly delayed response to your request, the last few days I have been personally very busy.

In a certain respect PVD offers even too much features for my needs.  ;) Whenever a name is written into fields like "Actors", "Director", "Writer" etc. a link is automatically created. As I do not use these links at all, it would be fine if their creation could be avoided or if at least they could be deleted afterwards (so that the names can be seen in the field simply with their letters). Exists such a possibility?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

It can not be switched off, but there is a small solution to the problem. This information can be added to the custom field. For such action plug-ins are not suitable, eligible for such action may come only a script, where it can invoke the information is transmitted to custom fields.

To better help solve the problem, which plugin or script using and from which pages downloading movie information. It makes you wonder just so that you'll help then help in solving the problem.
Ivek23

Offline Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 04:19:10 pm »
Hello Ivek23,

thanks for your answer and your support. 

You write:
To better help solve the problem, which plugin or script using and from which pages downloading movie information.

I assume you mean this as a question about how I use the software. In this case the answer is simple: I do not use any plugins or scripts nor do I download any movie information from the Internet. I simply transfer my data about the movies (persons, description, country, year etc.) from a Word document (where I have stored this information until now) by copy and paste. 

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 05:40:43 pm »
Hello Ivek23,

thanks for your answer and your support. 

Welcome.

I assume you mean this as a question about how I use the software. In this case the answer is simple: I do not use any plugins or scripts nor do I download any movie information from the Internet. I simply transfer my data about the movies (persons, description, country, year etc.) from a Word document (where I have stored this information until now) by copy and paste.

Well, at least I think I mind what you want to say.

For this it will be very useful Comment box in which you can copy information from Word Document and you have all the information in one box for later viewing such information.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 08:21:50 am by Ivek23 »
Ivek23

Offline Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 07:31:44 pm »
For this it will be very useful Comment box in which you can copy information from Word Document and you have all the information in one box for later viewing such information.
If I put all the information in one field (e.g. the Comment box) I could no longer make use of the structure of PVD: the distinction between actors, director, writer etc. in separate fields. But this structure is one of the reasons that make the software so useful.

When you wrote above:

[...], eligible for such action may come only a script, where it can invoke the information is transmitted to custom fields.

Does this mean that there could be a solution with a script?

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 07:08:41 am »
[...], eligible for such action may come only a script, where it can invoke the information is transmitted to custom fields.

Does this mean that there could be a solution with a script?

By e-mail (my e-mail address can be found at the following URL link) send me some Word document, that can answer to the question of scripts.

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,4015.msg19581.html#msg19581
Ivek23

Offline Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 08:49:07 pm »
Thanks for your suggestion, Ivek23. Of course I can send you such a Word document (at least an extract, as the orginal has already over 300 pages). But I doubt if this will help, as the "problem" (the automatic creation of links) also exists when I do not copy and paste something from Word. For example, I can also type a name directly in the field "Actors" of PVD and a link will be created for this name.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2016, 09:26:31 am »
Thanks for your suggestion, Ivek23. Of course I can send you such a Word document (at least an extract, as the orginal has already over 300 pages). But I doubt if this will help, as the "problem" (the automatic creation of links) also exists when I do not copy and paste something from Word. For example, I can also type a name directly in the field "Actors" of PVD and a link will be created for this name.

For a long time (almost 9 years), there is such a script, which is called txtinfo_en, therefore, send me a Word document, which would test it and to see what can be done then. I would like to see if this script there are opportunities and what the options are, that all information about Actors, Director, Writer, Producer, Composer, it is can be transferred to at Actors, Director, Writer, Producer, Composer memo custom fields. Automatic url links will not created in these custom fields.
Ivek23

Offline Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 12:52:55 pm »
O.k. I attach an excerpt (about 7 pages) of my Word document with movies.

Relevant concerning the links are the following 5 catgeories. I use (in Word and in PVD) the German language. For better understanding here I mention the corresponding English expressions of PVD too:   

Drehbuch (or sometimes: Buch) = Writer
Regie = Director
Darsteller/innen = Actors
Produktion (or sometimes: Produzent) = Producer
Musik = Composer

I transfer the names of these categories by copy and paste to PVD (where they appear as links).

(There are also some additional fields in PVD which create automatic links [like "Studio"]. But I do not use these fields. Only the 5 mentioned above.)

I hope this helps.  :)

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2016, 12:18:54 pm »
O.k. I attach an excerpt (about 7 pages) of my Word document with movies.

Relevant concerning the links are the following 5 catgeories. I use (in Word and in PVD) the German language. For better understanding here I mention the corresponding English expressions of PVD too:   

Drehbuch (or sometimes: Buch) = Writer
Regie = Director
Darsteller/innen = Actors
Produktion (or sometimes: Produzent) = Producer
Musik = Composer

I transfer the names of these categories by copy and paste to PVD (where they appear as links).

(There are also some additional fields in PVD which create automatic links [like "Studio"]. But I do not use these fields. Only the 5 mentioned above.)

I hope this helps.  :)

Yes, it helps, a few tests I've already done and what works and encouraging as now seems, I will at least partly help solve your problem. More then a few days later.
Ivek23

Offline Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2016, 02:54:42 pm »
Thanks for your efforts and the information, Ivek23.  :)

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2016, 07:43:12 pm »
Thanks for your efforts and the information, Ivek23.  :)

Welcome.

Btw:
We can send more addresses, may also e-mail address, which is located at the above already mentioned url connection.
Ivek23

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 11:55:09 am »
After a week of edits and tests, I was able to do txtinfo_en (0a).psf script, which will largely replace the copy / paste function to transfer data to your PVD Movie Database. That the script is working properly, it is necessary first to Wordpad program required to make a Text Document file. Text Document file is needed required to save it as a Text Document, whereas with other types of documents, the script will not work properly and these data will not be transferred to your PVD Movie Database. That the script is working properly, it is necessary first to Wordpad program required to make a Text Document
file. In the Text Document you need to copy only the information for each movie individually. Few such Text Document (as a model and help, how to do) is added to the bottom annexed Movies & Scripts 7z file.

The txtinfo_en (0a).psf script you transfer information for Actors, Director, Writer, Producer, Composer in Darsteller, Regie, Drehbuch, Produktion, Musik memo custom fields. Transferred as well as Year and Country in normal PVD Year and Country field. Transferred as well as the whole movie information for a particular movie in a normal PVD Comment box(see sshot-39 picture).

In the below attached Movies & Scripts 7z file they are attached to the txtinfo_en (0b).psf and txtinfo_en (0c).psf script, which is used only when txtinfo_en (0a) .psf not added information for the year for movie.

Movies & Scripts 7z file is attached.

Btw:
If what you do not know, just ask me and I'll try to help reset your issue.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 02:45:40 pm by Ivek23 »
Ivek23

Offline Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 02:51:58 am »
Hello Ivek23,

thank you very much for all your work, your efforts and your explanations!

Sorry that I already need more help.  ;)

I downloaded the Movies & Scripts 7z file and unpacked it. With Wordpad I opened the files which are inside (= the three psf.files [txtinfo_en (0a).psf etc.] and the txt files for the individual movies). But all files have size 0 KB and consequently in Wordpad I can see nothing, respectively only a blank white page.

So please can you check again the files you attached within the 7z file? Thanks a lot.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 07:00:33 am »
Hello Ivek23,

thank you very much for all your work, your efforts and your explanations!

Welcome.

Sorry that I already need more help.  ;)

I downloaded the Movies & Scripts 7z file and unpacked it. With Wordpad I opened the files which are inside (= the three psf.files [txtinfo_en (0a).psf etc.] and the txt files for the individual movies). But all files have size 0 KB and consequently in Wordpad I can see nothing, respectively only a blank white page.

So please can you check again the files you attached within the 7z file? Thanks a lot.

I checked, it's all right as it should be and there are no empty files.

Try transferred again to the same file and unpack perhaps with WinRAR, the files within it open with Notepad or Notepad ++. Perhaps the files will now be all right.

You can then (if it will always be empty files) to download the files in various formats, which are added here below..

Ivek23

Offline Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 01:14:43 pm »

You are right! :) I use TUGZip to unpack zip-files and obviously this program has a problem with 7z files: It unpacks the 7z file but it shows its contents only as empty files with 0 KB! I tried now to unpack with WinRAR and all worked fine. I was also successful in unpacking with TUGZip the zip file you attached now (the result were no 0 KB files but correct files). So there must be a specific problem between TUGZip and 7z files. Sorry that I (or better: TUGZip) caused this confusion.

I changed now the txtinfo_en (0a).psf via Wordpad to a txt file. But what is to do now?

I do not really understand where I have to put the information (let's say about "Director") now. In the txt file? Where exactly there? And where is the place in the PVD folder where I have to put the txt file and the psf file?

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 06:30:37 pm »

You are right! :) I use TUGZip to unpack zip-files and obviously this program has a problem with 7z files: It unpacks the 7z file but it shows its contents only as empty files with 0 KB! I tried now to unpack with WinRAR and all worked fine. I was also successful in unpacking with TUGZip the zip file you attached now (the result were no 0 KB files but correct files). So there must be a specific problem between TUGZip and 7z files. Sorry that I (or better: TUGZip) caused this confusion.

Wow, this problem has been successfully resolved.

To answer the other questions, more tomorrow afternoon, because it takes more time to answer, which is currently not much available.

Ivek23

anything