Author Topic: Skins: when is <section> mandatory?  (Read 7867 times)

Offline pelisdb

• View Profile
Skins: when is <section> mandatory?
« on: September 23, 2016, 01:53:30 pm »
I'm trying to make my customized skin, and rows and columns I think I understand. But I don't fully get when is obbligatory to enclose the objects in a section.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Skins: when is <section> mandatory?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 03:40:46 pm »
I'm trying to make my customized skin, and rows and columns I think I understand. But I don't fully get when is obbligatory to enclose the objects in a section.

Say more, what would you like to change, may I help you.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline pelisdb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 09:14:45 pm »
What I'd like to do is esentially the "PVD Simple White Movie Skin" combined with the title and poster style of "PVD Zwhite". From this skin I also like the idea of having just two sections, one with almost everything and the other with just the screenshoots. Attached below is my idea (done in Photoshop). So I was asking because at first I tried to have just the two sections but nothing was visible. Then when I had three nested levels with section tags it didn't worked either.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 06:17:19 am »
What I'd like to do is esentially the "PVD Simple White Movie Skin" combined with the title and poster style of "PVD Zwhite". From this skin I also like the idea of having just two sections, one with almost everything and the other with just the screenshoots. Attached below is my idea (done in Photoshop). So I was asking because at first I tried to have just the two sections but nothing was visible. Then when I had three nested levels with section tags it didn't worked either.

If I understand this right, I know where the problem is, but better I'll help you if you attached, of course, if you have at least one (not visible) and the second (which did not work) skin, you'll then helped easier.
Ivek23

Offline pelisdb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 08:58:41 am »
Thank you, but I already had corrected these. I wanted to understand the logic. I'll try to mix these two skins and then see if the elements are visible or not.

Another thing: in the image attached, I don't know if you can see thet the font in the audio section looks bigger than all the rest. It happens in my pc with ALL the skins, maybe because I have put big fonts in windows. But I don't think there is a solution for that.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 10:00:36 am »
Another thing: in the image attached, I don't know if you can see thet the font in the audio section looks bigger than all the rest. It happens in my pc with ALL the skins, maybe because I have put big fonts in windows. But I don't think there is a solution for that.

Please try to change the font size in Windows to see if this may cause.

Another possibility is that the change of the skin in this part of the code
Code: [Select]
   <row>
<column space="1">
<astreams space="5">
  <border shape="none"/>
  <row>
   <column width="120" halign="right">
    <audiostreamlabel>      

</audiostreamlabel>
   </column>
   <column>
    <audiodatalabel>      
         <font></font>
    </audiodatalabel>
   </column>
  </row>
font size, for example, as follows
Code: [Select]
<font><size>10</size><bold></bold></font>
Maybe this is the right solution, but then you have to do all the skin that you use.
Ivek23

Offline pelisdb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 10:17:13 am »
Thank you! As always you're very kind and knowledgeable. It worked, but putting a font 2 points less than the one I wanted. So, if I want size=10 I have to write size=8. Then it works.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 11:01:42 am »
Thank you! As always you're very kind and knowledgeable. It worked, but putting a font 2 points less than the one I wanted. So, if I want size=10 I have to write size=8. Then it works.

It is good to know, the important thing is that the problem is solved and it makes me very happy.
Ivek23

anything