Author Topic: how to keep 2 different movies separately identified during scan for new movies  (Read 2579 times)

Offline leogets

• User
    • View Profile
I have 2 movies. 1.   Fall (2022) and another 2. Moonfall (2022) each time  I run a scan for new movies Moonfall (2022) keeps coming up with the option to Change File Path to that of the new different movie of Fall (2022).

Can someone Please tell me how can I stop this from happening if at all possible?

Offline mgpw4me_back_again

• View Profile
Run the scan again. When you get the list of files, move your mouse over the item you want to work on, then click the right-hand mouse button. A menu will be displayed which will give you the options you need.

When I run into this problem, I usually edit the movie that's causing the problem and set the filename manually.

If you want to try to fix the REGEX, you'll need a 'Regular Expression Parser'. I think there's one in the download section of this site. What I guess is happening, is the regex is matching something in your filename (other than or along with the title). You'll need to know what the regex is returning in order to fix it. That's probably the easy part. Regex is messy to work with.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 02:47:27 pm by mgpw4me_back_again »

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
Good to see you again!

Offline mgpw4me_back_again

• View Profile
Thanks.

I retired recently and thought I'd have time to help out a bit. It seems not so much as I no longer use PVD and have been busier in other areas than I would have thought.

I check in every few weeks so I'll help out where I can.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 02:14:31 am by mgpw4me_back_again »