English > Support

PVD freezes using certain script.

<< < (3/3)

pelisdb:
Hi Ivek:

The problem is in the spaces and line feeds they put between elements. Also the <p> now comes before the <span itemprop="description" part, not after like before (I found and old page I had saved and saw the differences. I changed the description code to this:

//~Description~
curPos := Pos('<h2>Storyline</h2>', HTML)
If Pos('<h2>Storyline</h2>', HTML) > 0 then begin
EndPos := PosFrom('<span itemprop="description">', HTML,curPos);
//curPos := PosFrom('<p>', HTML, EndPos);
    curPos := curPos + Length('<span itemprop="description">');
   EndPos := PosFrom('<em class="nobr">', HTML, curPos);
   TmpStr00 := RemoveTags(Trim(Copy(HTML, curPos, endPos - curPos)), false);
   if TmpStr00 <> '' then AddFieldValueXML('description', TmpStr00);
end;

The sql command I used was:

UPDATE MOVIES SET "description"='' WHERE "mid"=4946

where 4946 was the id of the movie corrupted.

But I don't know exactly how to do it inside the program,in my case just as I opened PVD it hanged, so I had to use an external database program: I connected to the movies database with odbc, and sent the command. If someone can't open the program that it hangs, and has a database under 2gb, he could send it to me with wetransfer and I could clean that description.

NetworkShark:
Hi guys,

I am not sure if this thread is valid also because IMDB changed the site (I tested the current script with a new DB and the indicated movie but the freeze does not happen) .

If it is valid, however, I am here to help resolve the issue.

PS:
If I am writing without anyone responding, I would advise the moderators to close the thread in a few months.

Ivek23:

--- Quote from: NetworkShark on October 15, 2023, 09:55:12 pm ---Hi guys,

I am not sure if this thread is valid also because IMDB changed the site (I tested the current script with a new DB and the indicated movie but the freeze does not happen) .

If it is valid, however, I am here to help resolve the issue.

PS:
If I am writing without anyone responding, I would advise the moderators to close the thread in a few months.
--- End quote ---

Of course, this problem no longer exists because Storyline information from the basic IMDb movies page can no longer be downloaded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version