Author Topic: Script editing with NotePad++  (Read 6424 times)

Offline VVV_Easy_Programing

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Script editing with NotePad++
« on: May 22, 2018, 06:22:06 pm »
Hello,
When you are programming you need a good editor that highligh the code and allow folding (colapse coherent parts of code, for instance a function).
Notepad++ with the attached "udl-Notepad++PVD_Script.xml" you can changed your code vision of
Without:

With Notepad++ and 'udl-Notepad++PVD_Script.xml':

You must:
1)Download the minimalist portable NotePad++ from https://notepad-plus-plus.org/repository/7.x/7.5.6/npp.7.5.6.bin.minimalist.7z

2)In Notepad++ import the attached here udl file (udl-Notepad++PVD_Script.xml) as described in: http://docs.notepad-plus-plus.org/index.php/User_Defined_Language_Files#How_to_install_user_defined_language_files.

When you open the *.psf PDV script file, Notepad++ do the rest.

Note: You can use the comentaries //BlockOpen  and //BlockClose for folding functions, comentaries, etc.

Updated 23/05/2018: HighLight Field Names.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 09:08:32 am by VVV_Easy_Programing »

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Script editing with NotePad++
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 02:40:03 pm »
I already use it for about six to seven years, and it is my best (at least me) editor for PVD scripts. Even "udl-Notepad ++ PVD_Script.xml" is a good deal for him, and thanks for this variation of editing PVD scripts.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline VVV_Easy_Programing

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 08:51:03 pm »
The PVD script language is very similar to the Free Pascal (often I use the internet documentation of this language to solve questions of PVD).
So I had used PSPad for editing but, with the udl file, NotePad is very much better.

Note: Please, if you can pin the TOPIC in the forum, I think it would be good for all people.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 06:00:40 am »
Note: Please, if you can pin the TOPIC in the forum, I think it would be good for all people.

Done, topic is now sticky.

Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

anything