Author Topic: Personal Video Database 1.0.2.7 MOD  (Read 193827 times)

Offline VVV_Easy_Programing

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Video Database 1.0.2.7 MOD
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2018, 06:25:36 pm »
Attached the Acumulative Scripts Patch date:2018.09.19 (to copy in PVD folder for overwriting the existing script files).
All Ivek23 alerts just to this messages included but:

Please, Ivek test the ~length~ question.

With ~length~ it works for me in the two PVD versions but if you don't have movie file you must edit the movie panel in order to see it (add a field by number is [deprecated] in PVD manual).

Note:  I have removed the PRESERVE_USER_MOVIE_CHARS parameter because this can be done with the 'Set Overwrite Options for the selected plugin' (the "Calendar" button, at right of the script 'Import name' in the 1.0.2.7 version and in 'Preferences/Plugin Preferences' in the 0.9.9.21).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:02:11 pm by VVV_Easy_Programing »

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2018, 07:00:30 pm »
I'd like to request that the AdultDVDEmpire script be adapted for this mod. I've been sort of maintaining the ADE script in the past, but I can lo longer get PVD and Proxomitron to play nice together. From what I can glean from looking at the mod's scripting, the mod uses an external program to download all https:// web pages, then parses them locally. This is beyond my capabilities to adapt.
The script development has changed a little but is not far from the traditional aproach and all funtional code can be re-used ... and I can help you.

For test if your ancient script work you can follow those steps:
1) In Explorer/Firefox browse the page of one movie in your provider and "Save as" / "Web page, only HTML"  it in a text file "Example_movie.htm" in your Scripts folder
2) In your script:
     a) In the function GetDownloadURL, code the result as "Result:='http://httpbin.org/response-headers?key=Null';" (this avoid the HTTPS PVD problem)
     b) In the funtion ParsePage, recover the dowloaded provider page with "HTML:=FileToString(GetAppPath+'Scripts\'+'Example_movie.htm');"
3) After this instruction you can process the page with the script in order to get all the information.
4) When you arrive a good result for this unique movie, publish the script in the forum that I pass the code to the new download script process and then you can try it with multiple and real pages and finish the script.
Note: For process the results of the search page you can use the same method.

Let's go, you can do it!  ;)   ... and all people are invited too!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:16:21 pm by VVV_Easy_Programing »

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2018, 07:13:30 am »
Please, Ivek test the ~length~ question.

~ length ~ works but this part of the code AddFieldValueXML ('length', ItemValue); it prints Lenght number 00:01:37, which is wrong.

This part of the AddFieldValue code (14, ItemValue); // Filed number 14 = Duration. it prints Lenght number 01:37:00, which is absolutely correct.

With ~length~ it works for me in the two PVD versions but if you don't have movie file you must edit the movie panel in order to see it (add a field by number is [deprecated] in PVD manual).

I kept the second option in the enclosed IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] script where I also corrected the entire Function ParsePage_IMDBMovieTECHNICAL and the beauty of // Go to "Directed by" ~ crew ~ ctDirectors in Full Cast and Crew section.

Script is attached.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:15:46 am by Ivek23 »
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline Miguelh1020

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2018, 02:35:05 pm »
Hi guys! Thanks for keeping the dream alive!
I noticed a difference with my olf file made with the old PVD:
The list of TAGS now appears as CATEGORY, and they are included in different lists.
Also I can't seem to update the "awards" section on the people database.
Also also, I used to add manually the "Duration" of the film, now it loads automatically, but it's in the "Features" section.

These are all minor details. The software is functional now  :) :) :)

Oh I noticed something else, It would seem like TheMovieDB doesn't upload the "complete" cast. Just the main characters
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 02:38:34 pm by Miguelh1020 »

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2018, 03:35:52 pm »
Hi guys! Thanks for keeping the dream alive!
I noticed a difference with my olf file made with the old PVD:
The list of TAGS now appears as CATEGORY, and they are included in different lists.
Also I can't seem to update the "awards" section on the people database.
Also also, I used to add manually the "Duration" of the film, now it loads automatically, but it's in the "Features" section.

These are all minor details. The software is functional now  :) :) :)

Now it should be (at least I hope it will be) again as it was several months ago or years ago, at least some of the things we did to make some corrections in this direction.
Ivek23

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2018, 07:46:48 pm »
Attached the Acumulative Scripts Patch date:2018.09.20 (to copy in PVD folder for overwriting the existing script files).
All alerts just to this message applied.

~ length ~ works but this part of the code AddFieldValueXML ('length', ItemValue); it prints Lenght number 00:01:37, which is wrong.
This part of the AddFieldValue code (14, ItemValue); // Filed number 14 = Duration. it prints Lenght number 01:37:00, which is absolutely correct.

Wonderfull, Ivek23, you have discover the bug in PVD= Field number 14 works in minutes and ~length~ field works in seconds but two are Duration. Easy to solve multiplying by 60.

I noticed a difference with my olf file made with the old PVD

Thank you for your alert, Miguelh1020, try to apply this acumulative Patch over "PVD MOD 2018.08.08" Scripts folder.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 08:28:27 pm by VVV_Easy_Programing »

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2018, 01:18:13 pm »
IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] script is currently working properly. I'm testing and I'm looking for possible errors, if they still exist.
Ivek23

Offline bobwal

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2018, 01:50:24 am »
hello, have been a long time user of this wonderful program , but i am completely lost as to how to use this mod. is there a clear ,  step by step explanation of how to install this mod over the old one. i have tried to do it with the instructions in the early part of this discussion but it did not work. i am not a programmer so a lot of what you say is very easily misunderstood . i really hope some one can help.

would love to get this program working the way it used to.

many thanks

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2018, 08:37:04 am »
hello, have been a long time user of this wonderful program , but i am completely lost as to how to use this mod. is there a clear ,  step by step explanation of how to install this mod over the old one. i have tried to do it with the instructions in the early part of this discussion but it did not work. i am not a programmer so a lot of what you say is very easily misunderstood . i really hope some one can help.

many thanks

Welcome to the forum, bobwal.

Leave the old PVD version as it is, do not need to overwrite it.

Download PVD_1.0.2.7_MOD-V.2018.08.08 on the link below.
http://vvveasy.altervista.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/PVD_1.0.2.7_MOD-V.2018.08.08.zip
Download PVD_1.0.2.7_MOD-V.2018.09.22 on the link below.
http://vvveasy.altervista.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/PVD_1.0.2.7_MOD-V20180922.zip

Since PVD_1.0.2.7_MOD-V.2018.08.08 is modified in a portable version, you unpack it. Previously, create a folder named Portables (Portable) in the C: \ Users \ Public or other partition folder with that name. Then copy the unpacked folder named PersonalVideoDB into the previously created Portables (Portable) folder. In the Portables (Portable) folder you also copy your movie PVD database, as this will preserve the originasl database. This mode will change this database and if you accidentally use the old 0.9.9.21 version, then you will no longer be able to use this modified database with this old version.

You can also copy your skins to the Skins folder for Movies in the Movies folder and People in the People folder.

Now, run the portable.bat file in the PersonalVideoDB folder and it will have to work. But if it does not work yet, let us know and we will try to help you otherwise. Starting a portable.bat file will not lose any old data, because all the settings will be stored in the pvdconf.bak file that is in this folder, or it will be created when you run the portable.bat file.

I hope this will be written to you for good help and it will work as you wish.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 01:56:22 pm by Ivek23 »
Ivek23

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2018, 10:44:56 am »
many thanks
I have rewritten the post 'Passing from original PVD version' in order to help to this situation.
I understand that you have installed the MOD version and you have problems to recover your movie database over the MOD version.
If you are a ancient PVD 1.0.2.7 user, the easiest way to change to the MOD version is Copy and Paste the movies.
If you are a ancient PVD 0.9.9.21 user, follow the Ivek23 post steps. Or, other way longer, pass first to the original 1.0.2.7 and then Copy and Paste the collection.

Note: If you are a normal user, I strongly recommends use the SyMenu free launcher to install and keep updated the portable Personal Video Database 1.0.2.7 MOD version (after pass your ancient collection). It's easy and completely free without charges, advertisements, etc. (same philosophy as PVD) and perhaps you discover other advantages (for instance the Win10 users don't need use the infamous Windows Tiles).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:53:23 am by VVV_Easy_Programing »

Offline bobwal

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2018, 06:35:29 pm »
thank you for your replies .

my version that i am using is 1.0.2.7 (old one)

i tried what you said to do but it did not work . i tried to copy over files from my old version to the portable version but it kept telling me i have duplicate files , so i cleared and deleted the files in the portable version but to no avail. i dont know what i did wrong.

i set up a folder called portables in public as told and then put the latest version of 1.0.2.7 mod into portables folder and extracted , i then ran the bat file and the portable version started up . so now i have 2 versions running and started to copy/paste my files and then the problems started with duplicates in the portable mod version

did i do the right thing?

again thanks for the help

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2018, 06:47:52 pm »
Run first version in the PersonalVideoDB folder. Run the second version in the renamed PersonalVideoDB1 folder. Now I hope that there should be no problems.
Ivek23

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2018, 08:13:39 pm »
and started to copy/paste my files and then the problems started with duplicates in the portable mod version
So I think that you have choose the way 'Copy & Paste' movies in PVD, isn't it?
When you say 'my files' what do you want to say? Because in this way you must copy and paste de PVD records, the 'movie lines': Amadeus, Casablanca, etc from the database of the old version in the MOD PVD.
Have you tried first one by one movie in order to learn?
Can you attach one error window screenshot?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:51:59 am by VVV_Easy_Programing »

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2018, 10:42:40 pm »
Dear VVV and Ivek,

Thank you so much for your hard work and for your devotion to PVD.

I do thoroughly test PVD-MOD and I have found it almost perfect.
Nevertheless, I do have a problem while importing online data from IMDb. The problem can be seen in the screenshot.

It happens only during update of some movies, not for all. It doesn't happen when enter new records/movies.

Any help is more than welcome!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:46:30 pm by afrocuban »

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2018, 06:04:00 pm »
Nice to know about you, afrocubam  :D
You have got a hard error, it seems that PVD tries to dulicate some record with a SQL instruction.
Some information in in this link: Why am i getting a primary/unique key violation/

Some test in order to detects/reproduce the problem:
  • Have you more Customs Fields that the MOD estandar? (In the last version I have include 'Updated').
  • The error cames in the same movies? If yes, can tell us.
  • The error cames with other scripts/provider? If yes, can tell us.
  • Can you try disabling IMDB pages donwloading with the ***Script M. Configuration***? First try only dowloading the base page, after adding the Certification page, after adding the  "Also Know as' page,... I suspect of the retreive of people because it is the part less depurated in PVD and the one that handles more links.

Really is a strange error,  ???

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2018, 12:37:52 am »
Nice to know about you, afrocuban  :D
Thank you! I really enjoy it!
You have got a hard error, it seems that PVD tries to dulicate some record with a SQL instruction.
Some information in in this link: Why am i getting a primary/unique key violation/
Thank you, dear VVV. I read and I think it's exactly the problem I experienced. Unfortunately, I do not programming, so it wasn't too much helpful for me, but I understand what it says.

Some test in order to detects/reproduce the problem:
  • Have you more Customs Fields that the MOD estandar? (In the last version I have include 'Updated').
Yes, I do. A lot more.

• The error cames in the same movies? If yes, can tell us.
YES!

• The error cames with other scripts/provider? If yes, can tell us.
No. Checked with FA and TMDb.

• Can you try disabling IMDB pages donwloading with the ***Script M. Configuration***? First try only dowloading the base page, after adding the Certification page, after adding the  "Also Know as' page,... I suspect of the retreive of people because it is the part less depurated in PVD and the one that handles more links.
I must admit I don't know how to use ***Script M. Configuration***. When I call it, only dialog box with options for all scripts pops up, and when i save configuration, PVD restarts.

I try only to update Title, Top_250 and IMDb_Votes (Yes, you made a problem for me, hahaha. My custom fields were "Top 250:" and "IMDB Votes:", so now because you gave them different names, I have to update 7000 movies, and I ran into this problem when updating, hahah").

But, I did what you suggest - I disabled updating fields in IMDb script and I discovered that if I disable updating some or all fields, everything works, for now!? Not all of these fields cause problems for movies. For some movie only one field causes problem, for other movie other two fields, and for some movies all these fields. Sometimes, If I repeat import, it succeeds??? Strange thing is that I discovered also that for some movies I cannot manually  delete Title when edit movie. If I delete it, when I press to exit edit mode, deleted Title comes back? Also the same for Description for some some movies - I delete it and it comes back when I exit edit mode?!

Really is a strange error,  ???
Definitely.

Conclusion: It has problems with overwriting existing fields, that cannot be deleted even manually

At the end: a great respect and thank you for "Metascore" field!

Kind regards
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 12:47:54 am by afrocuban »

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2018, 09:44:42 am »
Have you more Customs Fields that the MOD estandar? ... A lot more.
The PVD is very stable but it have some inner problems: Be careful with spaces in the Custom Fields.
The error cames in the same movies? ... YES!
If you tell us the movie title perhaps Ivek32 or myself can reproduce the problem.
The error cames with other scripts/provider? ...  No. Checked with FA and TMDb.
So the problem is with the IMDB scritp. This is a very complicated script. In the default version it dowloads 6 web pages, everyone with his own routine. So is very important to know what page 'fails'. BTW, if you are updating only some fields you are downloading a lot of not needed pages.
I must admit I don't know how to use ***Script M. Configuration***.
I must rebuke you  ;D.
You are losting a lot of time. I rewrite the ***Script M. Configuration*** help in this post Controling the retreived information in PVD MOD
If you are trying only to update Title, Top_250 and IMDb_Votes You only need the principal page so you must uncheck the other 5 pages! (7000 movies x 5 pages = 35.000 downloads saved) Please, make a little efort  ;)
My custom fields were "Top 250:" and "IMDB Votes:", so now because you gave them different names, I have to update 7000 movies,
You don't need create a new fields, you can rename its. See this post
I disabled updating fields in IMDb script and I discovered that if I disable updating some or all fields, everything works, for now!? Not all of these fields cause problems for movies. For some movie only one field causes problem, for other movie other two fields, and for some movies all these fields.
Please, tell us those fields and movies! As I wrote in the forum, there is some uses of the database for the script not very safe (use Description and Comments, fields that are used for movie information and user file information, etc). The PVD database standar is not completely finished.
One more example of this, if you wants to update the Comments or the user Rating (not the IMDBrating) with a script you must clear it before (normaly with the Mass Editor)
If I delete it, when I press to exit edit mode, deleted Title comes back? Also the same for Description for some some movies - I delete it and it comes back when I exit edit mode?!
Perhaps you have people information (awards, featured, etc) with the same movie that you have.
PVD have information of the movie by two way: By Movie list and by People info (for this I not download the People's awards, it brings to PVD a lot of unknowed movies).

« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 10:07:23 am by VVV_Easy_Programing »

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2018, 11:54:36 pm »
Dear VVV,

Thank you so much for your feedback!
I'll try to be brief as possible in my response.

1. I have never had any problems with spaces, although aware of possible problems. I tested them before start to use them almost 9 years ago.
2. To reproduce the problem, maybe better idea is to make a new database that consists only a few problematic movies and then send it to you (with my pvdconf.ini and my skin)? Anyway, some movies are:
 imdb.com/title/tt0034583/
 imdb.com/title/tt0082176/
 imdb.com/title/tt0070518/
 imdb.com/title/tt0074252/
3. Probably the problem is with IMDb script. But, not only movie, but now I suspect that people are problem too, even before I started to use PVD MOD. I mean, and I'm not sure at all, when we started to use IMDb scripts I noticed that I have duplicate entries for people. It's like some people were imported by nostra's imdb.dll and their duplicates with scripts. So now, for example I have two (sometimes, even more) actors with the same name in database and their filmography is split (to movies imported by imdb.dll and other part with script). If I update both, I get full filmography in both, but links to movies are still split. If I delete any name, I loose them in movies linked to that name. That is why I suggested to send you a small database. Is it even possible to overcome this?
4. I know you won't believe me, but renaming custom fields never worked for me. Of course I tried it once again before started to update database this time, but it just didn't showed up after renaming. My PVD is heavily customized, and I use my own skin (please check the screenshot enclosed), so I'm pretty aware of all aspects of renaming/updating fields. I tried also with IMDb User Reviews/Comments (my custom field name is different), but again to no avail. Simply said - total mystery to me.
5. Fields that I wanted to update/overwrite were: Description, IMDb User Reviews/Comments, Title (not origtitle), Top 250, IMDb Votes, Box Office, Actors, Director.

Kind regards and thank you for your time!

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2018, 08:15:05 am »
imdb.com/title/tt0034583/
 imdb.com/title/tt0082176/
 imdb.com/title/tt0070518/
 imdb.com/title/tt0074252/

Casablanca (1942)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034583/

Christiane F. - Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo (1981)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082176/

Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid (1973)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070518/

Brutti, sporchi e cattivi (1976)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074252/
Ivek23

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2018, 08:16:44 am »
I mean, and I'm not sure at all, when we started to use IMDb scripts I noticed that I have duplicate entries for people. It's like some people were imported by nostra's imdb.dll and their duplicates with scripts. So now, for example I have two (sometimes, even more) actors with the same name in database and their filmography is split (to movies imported by imdb.dll and other part with script).

There is a possibility that duplicates are people for certain reasons, such as different url addresses (or they are not at all) for people. I have already noticed this in my IMDB records for people. For  the IMDB plugin was the download URL of the Imdb reference pages without " www " in the url address. IMDB script has downloaded a full url with Main (overview) Imdb pages.

Finally, I had a similar problem with the TheMovieDB [API] script, where there was a problem with url titles for the Director because the script code was incorrectly written in the script and there were duplicate names for the director because of this, but not for all, only in certain cases.
Ivek23

anything