Author Topic: .BATCH files  (Read 5622 times)

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
.BATCH files
« on: March 07, 2019, 09:59:36 pm »
Hello and thank you for you your tremendous contribution to keeping PVD alive, guys!

I wanted to ask you why there is no possibility anymore to use .batch files? Is it possible anyhow? Will you include this option in next version of a MOD, or at least tell us how we can make it ourselves? I know it's only some original .dll is to be copied to Plugins folder (and maybe some other file) but not sure which one, and trying one by one .dll would last too long.

Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:18:57 pm by afrocuban »

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: .BATCH files
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 07:42:46 am »
Which version of PVD is used. The PVD MOD version does not use original .dll files, but only .psf files (this is scripts). We need a PVD version to help you solve the problem.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 11:26:25 pm »
Hello Ivek. I'm using PVD_1.0.2.7_MOD-V20180922. You were right, it's not about .dll files, it was something with .batch files that I don't understand:

This batch file works:

NAME=AllMovie.com+RottenTomatoes HTTPS
DESC= AllMovie.com+RottenTomatoes HTTPS
TYPE=2
EXECUTE=FilmAffinity_[EN][HTTPS].psf|IMDB_[EN][HTTPS].psf|

and this one doesn't:

NAME=AllMovieHTTPS+RottenTomatoesHTTPS+IMDBFull
DESC= AllMovieHTTPS+RottenTomatoesHTTPS+IMDBFull
TYPE=2
EXECUTE=AllMovie.com HTTPS.psf|Rottentomatoes_[HTTPS].psf|Imdb Title, Original Tile and Year.psf|FilmAffinity_[EN][HTTPS].psf|Imdb Url on the first page and IMDbID.psf|IMDB_[EN][HTTPS].psf|

... while basically there is no differences between them except about the scripts that are used. Weird.

But, since it's not possible at the moment to make AllMovie script without Proxomitron, and Rottentmatoes script doen't get ratings any more, I will not use batch files, because it's useless. Thank you...

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 07:42:47 am »
Hello Ivek. I'm using PVD_1.0.2.7_MOD-V20180922. You were right, it's not about .dll files, it was something with .batch files that I don't understand:

This batch file works:

NAME=AllMovie.com+RottenTomatoes HTTPS
DESC= AllMovie.com+RottenTomatoes HTTPS
TYPE=2
EXECUTE=FilmAffinity_[EN][HTTPS].psf|IMDB_[EN][HTTPS].psf|

This .batch file is OK and works.

and this one doesn't:

NAME=AllMovieHTTPS+RottenTomatoesHTTPS+IMDBFull
DESC= AllMovieHTTPS+RottenTomatoesHTTPS+IMDBFull
TYPE=2
EXECUTE=AllMovie.com HTTPS.psf|Rottentomatoes_[HTTPS].psf|Imdb Title, Original Tile and Year.psf|FilmAffinity_[EN][HTTPS].psf|Imdb Url on the first page and IMDbID.psf|IMDB_[EN][HTTPS].psf|

... while basically there is no differences between them except about the scripts that are used. Weird.

This .batch file is not ok and does not work due to IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] .psf (proxy connection problem).

In PVD settings, the proxy Internet connection must be turned off, otherwise IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] .psf script does not work properly.

Removing IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] .psf from the .batch file should solve the problem.

But, since it's not possible at the moment to make AllMovie script without Proxomitron, and Rottentmatoes script doen't get ratings any more, I will not use batch files, because it's useless. Thank you...

Yes and Rottentmatoes script needs more code corrections due to changes in source code on wer pages.
Ivek23

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2023, 01:58:30 am »
Instead of using two scripts manually in the context of recent IMDb search and IMDb _2b scripts, You can consider using batch plugin while scanning file. Since I'm using AllMovie and FilmAffinity as well, this is how my batch looks like:

Code: [Select]
NAME=Imdb_Search+AllMovie+FA+IMDb
DESC= Imdb_Search+AllMovie+FA+IMDb
TYPE=2
EXECUTE=Imdb.com[EN][HTTPS]_Search.psf|AllMovie.com[EN][HTTPS]_ b.psf||FilmAffinity_[EN][HTTPS].psf|IMDB_[EN][HTTPS]_TEST_2b.psf|

Running IMDb search first is crucial since at the moment it doesn't work if any other link is found in the URL field prior to script running.

This way you run all the scripts in one take, instead of 4 takes for each script.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2023, 08:34:22 am »
Nicely said and very useful for PVD users.
Ivek23

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2023, 11:17:57 am »
Thank you. Just a reminder, that the above has to be saved as a file with a .batch extension in plugins folder of PVD.