Author Topic: How do you do series?  (Read 16914 times)

Offline Miguelh1020

• User
    • View Profile
How do you do series?
« on: May 17, 2019, 12:57:05 am »
Hello guys, just wondering,  I have an old PVD file, series used to have a tree with seasons and one entry for each episode, but I can't do that now.
How do you manage? Is there an option?, Is there a script?  :P

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How do you do series?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 07:48:21 am »
What version of PVD are you using?

Then I will answer your question more easily.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline Miguelh1020

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 04:00:00 pm »
I'm using the Portable Personal Video Database 1.0.2.7 MOD

The series entries I have I made them long ago, with older versions of PDV, I can still see the entries, but I can't make any more

Offline Miguelh1020

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 04:07:28 pm »
Here's a pic

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 08:27:42 am »
Hello guys, just wondering,  I have an old PVD file, series used to have a tree with seasons and one entry for each episode, but I can't do that now.

The series entries I have I made them long ago, with older versions of PDV, I can still see the entries, but I can't make any more

For Personal Video Database 1.0.2.7 MOD currently does not have any IMDb script to download and edit the episode and probably will not be in the future. There is, however, the possibility that this will work through the Proxomitron program. At the moment, I do not have much time right now, but at least I'll check if it works and let you know if it's possible to help and solve the problem.
Ivek23

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 08:36:32 am »
Have you ever used the Proxomitron program? If you have used it before, it will then be easier to solve the problem, because you already know some details that are necessary for its operation. Tell us, otherwise, take a moment to look at and read Proxomitron - the next https solution for PVD topic.
Ivek23

Offline Miguelh1020

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 03:25:57 am »
I tried the Proxomitron once, I followed the instructions but it was not working for me. I never tried again. A few months later this mod apppeared and I'm coming back to complete the database

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 07:00:43 am »
I tried the Proxomitron once, I followed the instructions but it was not working for me. I never tried again. A few months later this mod apppeared and I'm coming back to complete the database

Do you remember what was wrong, that it did not work at the time? Maybe I can help you. If all Proxomitron files and PVD settings are correct, this should work for you because it works normally with me, without any problems.

I've repaired scripts and work with the Proxomitron program.

Unfortunately, without the Proxomitron program, your problem is currently not solved.
Ivek23

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 05:37:35 pm »

For Personal Video Database 1.0.2.7 MOD currently does not have any IMDb script to download and edit the episode and probably will not be in the future. There is, however, the possibility that this will work through the Proxomitron program. At the moment, I do not have much time right now, but at least I'll check if it works and let you know if it's possible to help and solve the problem.

IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (series) script and IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (episodes) script are now available, which work in Personal Video Database 1.0.2.7 MOD version. You can find them at the links below.

Details of the IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (series) script and the IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (episodes) script can be found in the links below.

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,4134.msg21073.html#msg21073

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,4134.msg21074.html#msg21074
Ivek23

Offline Miguelh1020

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 04:08:45 am »
Hey hello! I've been trying these new scripts and I could figure out some things, but I'm having trouble with some others.
I can now make seasons and episodes trees! I love it.
This is how I do it. I use the workaround method explained in the  Episodes TV Series post.
Using proxomitron I change the url of the series to the url of the season, and then I run Imdb Movie Script(episodelist) and the first season appears.
I then proceed to change the url  to season 2, run the script, season 3,run the script, etc.
Once I'm done I close the PVD,I open it and now I can see the tree with all the seasons, and episodes.
All this is great, but now the problems: I can't import anything more.
I have a bunch of imdb scripts and I try them all with and without the proxomitron configuration but I always get an error.
HTTP/1.1 400 Host Not Found error with IMDB[EN] when I use Proxo,and when I don't use it it says Socket Error #11001 Host not found,
Too many faulty attempts to internet connection with IMDB[EN][HTTPS] when I use Proxomitron, and when I don't use it too.
The only way I can get movie data is with TheMovieDB[EN][API] with Proxomitron, but I can't get info for series.
I tried using imdb Movie Script(episodelist), Imdb Movie Script(episodelist)a, IMDB [EN][HTTPS](episodes),IMDB [EN][HTTPS](series) and the previous two,but I couldn't get any info
So there's gotta be something I'm doing wrong.What do you think??

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 02:59:49 pm »
Hey hello! I've been trying these new scripts and I could figure out some things, but I'm having trouble with some others.
I can now make seasons and episodes trees! I love it.
This is how I do it. I use the workaround method explained in the  Episodes TV Series post.
Using proxomitron I change the url of the series to the url of the season, and then I run Imdb Movie Script(episodelist) and the first season appears.
I then proceed to change the url  to season 2, run the script, season 3,run the script, etc.
Once I'm done I close the PVD,I open it and now I can see the tree with all the seasons, and episodes.
All this is great, but now the problems: I can't import anything more.
I have a bunch of imdb scripts and I try them all with and without the proxomitron configuration but I always get an error.
HTTP/1.1 400 Host Not Found error with IMDB[EN] when I use Proxo,and when I don't use it it says Socket Error #11001 Host not found,
Too many faulty attempts to internet connection with IMDB[EN][HTTPS] when I use Proxomitron, and when I don't use it too.
The only way I can get movie data is with TheMovieDB[EN][API] with Proxomitron, but I can't get info for series.
I tried using imdb Movie Script(episodelist), Imdb Movie Script(episodelist)a, IMDB [EN][HTTPS](episodes),IMDB [EN][HTTPS](series) and the previous two,but I couldn't get any info
So there's gotta be something I'm doing wrong.What do you think??

Given the problems, I suspect that the proxy settings for the proxy server in the PVD are turned on  (marked with a tick). Given the problems, I suspect that the proxy settings for the proxy server in the PVD are turned on (marked with a tick). Another option for a folder is also a url address, which may contain such or a similar part (" episodes? season = 1 & ref_ = tt_eps_sn_1 "), so the script does not recognize it. Delete such part of url addresses, maybe then the problem will be solved.

TheMovieDB [EN] [API] script is not adapted to download information for series or episodes but can work without the help of Proxomitron.

IMDB [EN] or IMDB [EN] [HTTPS] (episodes) or IMDB [EN] [HTTPS] (series) script transfers information only when the proxy settings in the PVD are unmarked or off. For imdb Movie Script (episodelist) and Imdb Movie Script (episodelist)a script, the proxy settings in the PVD must be marked on to download the information.

There is another option, which is mentioned in Kinopoisk.ru https script topic. can be found at the link below:

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,4162.msg21119.html#msg21119

TheTVDB plugin downloads all seasons of the series at once provided that this series exists in their database.
Ivek23

Offline Miguelh1020

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2020, 11:46:43 pm »
When I use proxomitron,I run the program and I have the PVD set with the proxy server localhost and port 80.
When I don't use proxomitron I close the program and I uncheck the "use proxy server" option.

I can't run any imdb script, they all give me error. I can only get data from the workaround method to get seasons and episodes in series, and I can get data for movies using TheMovieDB [EN][API].
That script runs with and without proxomitron.
So some things work, maybe I have old  scripts?

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2020, 07:17:23 am »
When I use proxomitron,I run the program and I have the PVD set with the proxy server localhost and port 80.
When I don't use proxomitron I close the program and I uncheck the "use proxy server" option.

With regard to proxomitron and proxy settings, you are working correctly and exactly as described to make the information transfers work.

In the PVD MOD version, 99% of the proxomitron program does not transfer any information or even causes problems with the operation of the PVD program (the pvd program may freeze).

I can't run any imdb script, they all give me error. I can only get data from the workaround method to get seasons and episodes in series, and I can get data for movies using TheMovieDB [EN][API].
That script runs with and without proxomitron.

TheMovieDB [EN] [API] script works for you anyway because it is written for http and uses http url links.

The problem is IMDB [ENT] scripts, which are written and modified only for the PVD MOD version of the program and use the curl program and curl files to transfer data.

My suggestion is to download the latest version of PVD 1.0.2.7 MOD version and unzip it to the new folder. Then run the PVD MOD version in this folder and you will see if your IMDB [EN] [HTTPS] scripts will work properly now.

http://vvveasy.altervista.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/PVD_1.0.2.7_MOD-V20191020.zip

So some things work, maybe I have old  scripts?

The scripts should all be updated to the latest version.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:31:19 am by Ivek23 »
Ivek23

Offline Miguelh1020

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2020, 03:21:42 am »
I'm definetely progressing!

I download the latest version and now I can use the IMDB[EN][HTTPS] script to get info for movies!
I got the IMDB[EN][HTTPS](episodes) and I can get info for every episode! Awesome!

I still have one problem:
I got the IMDB[EN][HTTPS](series) but I can't get the data for series!
I get the message "The URL has HTTP method problems (405 Method not allowed).

I'm almost there. Everything else is working  8)

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2020, 08:00:36 pm »
I still have one problem:
I got the IMDB[EN][HTTPS](series) but I can't get the data for series!
I get the message "The URL has HTTP method problems (405 Method not allowed).

I have blocked this message.
Try this IMDB_[EN][HTTPS](series) (Miguelh1020) script now, this problem shouldn't be there now.
Ivek23

Offline Miguelh1020

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2020, 04:06:41 pm »
Wow you made a script just for me??  ;D

You're awesome Ivek, everything is working!
I can do everything now!

Offline Pacifist

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2020, 11:41:18 am »
Unfortunately, information about the creators of the film (TV series) is not imported from the IMDB website! The script for the site TheMovieDB generally displays the message "No results"!!!!  :'(
Thank You!!

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2020, 08:44:59 am »
Unfortunately, information about the creators of the film (TV series) is not imported from the IMDB website! The script for the site TheMovieDB generally displays the message "No results"!!!!  :'(
Thank You!!

The IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (series) script correctly to download all information for your Glitch Tehch title of series (see sshot-55) with for me.

As for TheMovieDB pages, however, TheMovieDB_ [EN] [API] script transfers information only to movie titles, but does not download information or display search results for series titles.
The tmdb.dll plugin will to display search results or will to download information for titles of series only to with using Proxomitron.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 06:37:40 am by Ivek23 »
Ivek23

Offline Pacifist

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2020, 01:57:17 pm »
Thank You!!

The IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (series) script correctly to download all information for your Glitch Tehch title of series (see sshot-55) with for me.

As for TheMovieDB pages, however, TheMovieDB_ [EN] [API] script transfers information only to movie titles, but does not download information or display search results for series titles.
The tmdb.dll plugin will to display search results or will to download information for titles of series only to with using Proxomitron.

Yes, thanks for reminding me of the IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (series) (Miguelh1020).psf script. But this script never learned to download information about the number of seasons and episodes for TV series (! Pic 1). P.S. for the series "SCRUBS" nothing was downloaded at all !!! (! pic 2) P.P.S. Right during a conversation with you, information about TV series has completely stopped loading. :-(
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 07:39:05 am by Pacifist »

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2020, 08:54:35 am »
Thank You!!

Yes, thanks for reminding me of the IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (series) (Miguelh1020).psf script. But this script never learned to download information about the number of seasons and episodes for TV series (! Pic 1). P.S. for the series "SCRUBS" nothing was downloaded at all !!! (! pic 2) P.P.S. Right during a conversation with you, information about TV series has completely stopped loading. :-(

IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (series) scripts does not transfer number of seasons and episodes. This requires an IMDB Movie (episodelist) script or TheTVDB.dll plugin, which works using a proxomitron.

The IMDB Movie (episodelist) script and more detailed explanations can be found at the link below.

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,4044.msg21078.html#msg21078

The IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (series) script correctly to download all information for the "SCRUBS" series (see sshot-56).
Ivek23