English > Support

IMDb

<< < (2/16) > >>

Ivek23:

--- Quote from: afrocuban on October 23, 2020, 07:33:16 pm ---What about IMDB_[EN][HTTPS] (afrocuban).psf? It seems it's the only one working for me?
--- End quote ---

Now here is the new IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] V 1.4.1.4 script, which is exactly the same as the IMDB_ [EN] (afrocuban) script and should work the same as the IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (afrocuban) script.

--- Quote from: afrocuban on October 23, 2020, 07:33:16 pm ---Also, I understand that with (series) we get seasons and episode list, and with (episodes) we get content of each episode.

But, what we get with (episodelist) and "(episodelist) (a)" scripts comparing to (series) and (episodes)?
--- End quote ---

Here we get a list of seasons and episodes of the season and get information on the number of seasons of one series. You can also use TheTVDB.dll plugin, which has already been mentioned above. Below are more details about TheTVDB.dll plugin.

--- Quote from: Ivek23 on July 21, 2020, 02:59:49 pm ---There is another option, which is mentioned in Kinopoisk.ru https script topic. can be found at the link below:

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,4162.msg21119.html#msg21119

TheTVDB plugin downloads all seasons of the series at once provided that this series exists in their database.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: afrocuban on October 23, 2020, 07:33:16 pm ---Also, what's the difference between those two scripts: (episodelist) and "(episodelist) (a)"?

--- End quote ---

The IMDB Movie (episodelist) script and more detailed explanations can be found at the link below.

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,4044.msg19493.html#msg19493

--- Quote from: afrocuban on October 23, 2020, 07:33:16 pm ---Is it possible to merge all those episode/series scripts into cumulative all-in-one script for series?

--- End quote ---

No, because Imdb Movie (episodelist) script or Imdb Movie (episodelist) (a) script has its own way of finding results than IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (series) script and it is not possible to combine it into one cumulative all-in-one script for series.

--- Quote from: afrocuban on October 23, 2020, 07:33:16 pm ---And the last question: is it possible to merge IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] and IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (Connections) into one script?
--- End quote ---

No, because the IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] script is as it is now, also final. IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (Connections) script is a secondary script for those users who want to have additional invisible movies links in their database. In addition, these additional links in your database further increase the size of the database file and also indirectly slow down the responsiveness and operation of the PVD program.

--- Quote from: afrocuban on October 23, 2020, 07:33:16 pm ---In general, is it possible to have only 3 scripts: for movies, series and people?
--- End quote ---

No, the above is the reason this is not possible.

afrocuban:
Thank you so much for your time and patience dear Ivek, and I am terribly sorry for repeating questions, sometimes. I'm just trying to get as largest as possible amount of data from IMDb. That said, it's not a problem for me chaining scripts, when merging is not possible/desirable.

So, please let me know:

1. For series, in what order the chain has to be applied: (series)->(episodeslist)(a)->(episodeslist)->(episodes), or what?
2. For movies, obviously only chain of 2 scripts has to be applied: IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS]->IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (Connections), right?
3. For people, only: IMDB_People_ [EN] [HTTPS], right?
4. Is IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (Connections) applicable with series, episodes and people too, so I could chain IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (Connections) with 1. and 3. as well?

There is no way at the moment to get larger amount of data than using scripts I stated above?

Best regards

EDIT: I just applied only (episodelist) script to a title "The Boys" and I got list of all seasons, list of all episodes, URL series address in the URL normal box of the series and Seasons-Episodes custom field filled up. So I really don't understand the difference between (episodelist) and (episodelist)(a) script, and why we I would use it, sorry...
EDIT2: I got the difference - the only difference is that we get starting year for the series with (episodelist)(a), which we can't get with (episodelist). It's a shame that these 2 scripts can't be merged, at least...

Ivek23:

--- Quote from: afrocuban on October 25, 2020, 01:28:54 pm ---EDIT: I just applied only (episodelist) script to a title "The Boys" and I got list of all seasons, list of all episodes, URL series address in the URL normal box of the series and Seasons-Episodes custom field filled up. So I really don't understand the difference between (episodelist) and (episodelist)(a) script, and why we I would use it, sorry...
EDIT2: I got the difference - the only difference is that we get starting year for the series with (episodelist)(a), which we can't get with (episodelist). It's a shame that these 2 scripts can't be merged, at least...
--- End quote ---

To reiterate the difference between the Imdb Movie (episodelist) script and the Imdb Movie (episodelist) (a) script. The Imdb Movie (episodelist) script shows you the search results and then also finds the seasons including the episodes and of course the data in the Seasons-Episodes custom box, which takes quite some time. The Imdb Movie (episodelist) (a) script shows you the search results and then only adds the year of the beginning of the season, the url address and of course the data to the custom Seasons-Episodes field, which takes very little time. The advantage of this is that it will show you series titles in the search results that the IMDB_ [EN] (HTTPS] (series) script may not display. Then the next steps are easier because the other scripts immediately transfer certain information to you without displaying the search results. And this advantage that you can repeat the search for results, if maybe the previous url address was not correct for what you were looking for.

--- Quote from: afrocuban on October 25, 2020, 01:28:54 pm ---Thank you so much for your time and patience dear Ivek, and I am terribly sorry for repeating questions, sometimes. I'm just trying to get as largest as possible amount of data from IMDb. That said, it's not a problem for me chaining scripts, when merging is not possible/desirable.
--- End quote ---

Thanks.

--- Quote from: afrocuban on October 25, 2020, 01:28:54 pm ---1. For series, in what order the chain has to be applied: (series)->(episodeslist)(a)->(episodeslist)->(episodes), or what?
--- End quote ---

In that order as below.
(episodeslist) (a)->(episodeslist)->(series)->(episodes)

--- Quote from: afrocuban on October 25, 2020, 01:28:54 pm ---2. For movies, obviously only chain of 2 scripts has to be applied: IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS]->IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (Connections), right?
--- End quote ---

Only IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] script, because IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (Connections) no longer works and there will be no new update for it in the near future.

--- Quote from: afrocuban on October 25, 2020, 01:28:54 pm ---3. For people, only: IMDB_People_ [EN] [HTTPS], right?
--- End quote ---

Yes.

--- Quote from: afrocuban on October 25, 2020, 01:28:54 pm ---4. Is IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (Connections) applicable with series, episodes and people too, so I could chain IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (Connections) with 1. and 3. as well?
--- End quote ---

No. because IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (Connections) is no longer working properly and there will be no new updates for it in the near future. For series maybe, but for people not at all.

afrocuban:
Thank you, Ivek. Finally everything is clear to me! Maybe you should consider to stick this topic for other users (I am comforting myself that I am not the dummiest of them all, hahahah).

--- Quote from: Ivek23 on October 26, 2020, 08:58:48 am ---

--- Quote from: afrocuban on October 25, 2020, 01:28:54 pm ---1. For series, in what order the chain has to be applied: (series)->(episodeslist)(a)->(episodeslist)->(episodes), or what?
--- End quote ---

In that order as below.

--- End quote ---

Great. This will make it possible with 2 batch files: first 2 scripts via Proxo, and the latter 2 without Proxo. I'm wondering is it possible with batch file to route to 127.0.0.1:80. That would make it possible all 4 scripts with one batch file...

Cheers

Ivek23:

--- Quote from: afrocuban on October 26, 2020, 05:34:29 pm ---Thank you, Ivek. Finally everything is clear to me! Maybe you should consider to stick this topic for other users (I am comforting myself that I am not the dummiest of them all, hahahah).
--- End quote ---

Arranged.

--- Quote from: afrocuban on October 26, 2020, 05:34:29 pm ---
--- Quote from: Ivek23 on October 26, 2020, 08:58:48 am ---

--- End quote ---

In that order as below.
--- End quote ---

Great. This will make it possible with 2 batch files: first 2 scripts via Proxo, and the latter 2 without Proxo.
--- End quote ---

Yes.

--- Quote from: afrocuban on October 26, 2020, 05:34:29 pm ---I'm wondering is it possible with batch file to route to 127.0.0.1:80. That would make it possible all 4 scripts with one batch file...
--- End quote ---

Sorry, as far as I know, this will not work, because IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] scripts do not transfer information when you have proxy settings turned on in PVD.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version