Author Topic: IMDb  (Read 31182 times)

Offline Miguelh1020

• User
    • View Profile
Re: IMDb
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2020, 01:43:54 am »
I have had 2 duplicated posters sometimes.
I think it happened running IMDB[EN][HTTPS] through Proxomitron

I've been trying different approaches with that script, it doesn't download Director, Producer, Writer and Composer.
Maybe I don't have the latest version
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 01:48:17 am by Miguelh1020 »

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2020, 02:44:50 am »
I've been trying different approaches with that script, it doesn't download Director, Producer, Writer and Composer.

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,4134.msg21152.html#msg21152

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,4135.msg21199.html#msg21199
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 03:20:36 am by afrocuban »

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2020, 10:16:49 am »

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,4134.msg21152.html#msg21152

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,4135.msg21199.html#msg21199

Thank you for referring him with links to where to look for what he needs.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2020, 06:41:35 pm »
You are welcome, Ivek. Thank you for keeping PVD alive. What is going on with Easy, no hear from him?

Offline Miguelh1020

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2020, 02:21:40 am »
Thanks guys!
I'll get these versions!

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2020, 08:54:40 pm »
IMDb is changing layout again. Smells like new troubles for us...

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2020, 07:05:03 pm »

Very big changes are expected in the future on IMDb movies main pages. IMDb will run in mobile form in the future, which means there will be a lot of changes and updates to IMDb scripts it will not be in the near future for the time being.
Ivek23

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2020, 08:48:32 am »

Very big changes are expected in the future on IMDb movies main pages. IMDb will run in mobile form in the future, which means there will be a lot of changes and updates to IMDb scripts it will not be in the near future for the time being.

Here is also a picture where the possibility of changing the versions of the IMDB web page is visible.
Ivek23

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2020, 02:35:15 pm »
10 Things I hate about mobile phone layouts...

Offline Pacifist

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2021, 11:16:44 am »
Sorry, but please explain briefly again - which script should import information about the series itself and the list of seasons and episodes for it: "IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (episodes).psf" or "IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (series).psf"? I have ONLY old Imdb Movie (episodelist).psf working. And for him you have to turn on the proxomitron...

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2021, 02:53:33 pm »
1. Turn on proxomitron and set proxy in PVD for it (127.0.0.1  port 80)
2. Import Imdb Movie(episodelist) (a).psf to series title record
3. Import Imdb Movie(episodelist).psf to series title record.
4. Turn off proxy in PVD.
5. Import IMDB_[EN][HTTPS](series).psf script to series title record.
5a. Optionally apply IMDB_[EN][HTTPS]_(Connections).psf and then IMDB_[EN][HTTPS]_(Cast&Crew).psf in order to get the largest possible set of data from IMDb for the Series
6. Import IMDB_[EN][HTTPS](series).psf script to all episodes, just in case.
7. Import IMDB_[EN][HTTPS](episodes).psf to all episodes.
7a.  Optionally apply IMDB_[EN][HTTPS]_(Connections).psf and then IMDB_[EN][HTTPS]_(Cast&Crew).psf in order to get the largest possible set of data from IMDb for the episodes.

Also you can use these batch files in attachment that I use so to significantly reduce manual work. Extract and put them in "plugins" folder, restart PVD and then:

1. The same as 1. above.
2. Find in import plugins list and import the title IMDB(episodelist) (a)+(episodelist).batch
3. Same as 4. above.
4. Find in import plugins list and import the title  IMDB(series)+(episodes)+Connect+FullCast&Crew.batch to series title record.
5. Find in import plugins list and import the title  IMDB(series)+(episodes)+Connect+FullCast&Crew.batch to all episodes.

Open each .batch file with notepad and there you can find which scripts you need to download from "Script links" section

Others are also welcome to use my batch files as well as to share their batch files.

Best regards

Offline Pacifist

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2021, 10:17:00 am »
1. Turn on proxomitron and set proxy in PVD for it (127.0.0.1  port 80)
2. Import Imdb Movie(episodelist) (a).psf to series title record
3. Import Imdb Movie(episodelist).psf to series title record.
4. Turn off proxy in PVD.
5. ........
It seems they misunderstood me (I use Google Translate to translate from Russian into English). I wanted to finally understand: WHAT script for working with IMDB SHOULD download the list of seasons. I know how to create BAT files for working with PVD. For me it is enough to download "List of seasons" + "General information for the WHOLE series" + "Awards and Links". I don't need detailed information on each episode. None of the new scripts (IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] .psf, IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (episodes) .psf, IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (series) .psf) do this for me. Thank you.

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2021, 11:50:47 pm »
Why didn't you try from the beginning as written above? Why don't you mention "Imdb Movie(episodelist) (a).psf" and "Imdb Movie(episodelist).psf" scripts? From 1-4 you will get list of episodes with these 2 scripts. No other scripts will get you list of episodes 5-5a will get you series info. 6-7a will get you each episode detailed info if you want that , as it's all written above.

Offline Pacifist

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2021, 09:13:18 am »
Why didn't you try from the beginning as written above? Why don't you mention "Imdb Movie(episodelist) (a).psf" and "Imdb Movie(episodelist).psf" scripts? From 1-4 you will get list of episodes with these 2 scripts. No other scripts will get you list of episodes 5-5a will get you series info. 6-7a will get you each episode detailed info if you want that , as it's all written above.
1) "Imdb Movie (episodelist) (a) .psf" doesn't download anything at all. Only "Imdb Movie (episodelist) .psf" works.
2) All this boring conversation I started and continue with only one goal. Here, only you and Ivek understand something about scripting. Is it really impossible to create ONE script to download information about a sitcom? I am satisfied with the amount of information that is obtained using "IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (series)". Can I edit it so that it downloads the "seasons" + "episodes" list as well (as shown in fig. "IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (series) + Imdb Movie (episodelist).jpg")? Do you really like to turn on / off the "127.0.0.1" setting? Best regards and thanks for your patience. :-[
P.S. by the way, the scripts "IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS]" and "IMDB_ [EN] [HTTPS] (series)" stopped filling the "CATEGORY" field.   ;)

Offline Pacifist

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2021, 12:13:44 pm »
how to close the loading of information in the "COMMENTS" field for IMDB scripts??

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2021, 06:11:44 pm »
1. I know nothing about scripting, just using common sense. Unfortunately, it is not possible to put all scripts into one script, Ivek already told us that - some because they need proxomitron, some for other (coding, as I understood) reasons. We discussed all that very recently. What is needed is to read, read and read before asking. Then, one can say, I've read a lot on the forum, but couldn't find an answer for...
That is usual behavior on all forums and search engine on the forum can help us a lot while looking for an info.
Nobody likes 127.0.0.1 "thing" but PVD is so powerful comparing to others, that it is less job to use that in PVD, then to achieve the same goal with other catalogers. A lot, lot of options are even not available in other catalogers. Not to speak about customizing...
2. IMDb is again in a transition process, so the scripts will inevitably need updating. It was announced on IMDb recently, we discussed it immediately here, I have wrote about that here, so I've decided to do mass update of all my movies just in case future scripting gets to dead end. again, all of that is written here recently. So, good to know which fields don't work anymore. But, for example, custom movie field "IMDb Category" still works, so you can use that one for movies (I can't check at the moment for the series).
3. If I properly understand you, you can stop importing any info by un-checikng it in its configuration (it's the third small icon beside script name - look your picture above where you rounded batch file with red elipse). To be sure, uncheck desired option both in a script configuration as well as in the batch file configuration where the svript is included.
4. I've asked you if it's true what you said that nostra - the author of PVD is dead and how do you know, but you didn't give me that answer, so I am asking you again, please.

Offline Pacifist

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2021, 07:57:05 am »
1. I know nothing about scripting, just using common sense. Unfortunately, it is not possible to put all scripts into one script, Ivek already told us that - some because they need proxomitron, some for other (coding, as I understood) reasons. We discussed all that very recently. What is needed is to read, read and read before asking. Then, one can say, I've read a lot on the forum, but couldn't find an answer for...
1. Very sorry. As for viewing previous messages, as I already wrote, I have to use a translator, so I can hardly track what is being discussed on the forum. Especially until June 2020. And therefore, my requests may repeat what was discussed in your thread earlier. Excuse me.
2.The "CATEGORY" field is not filled in for films (for example, The Place "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7063210/", Skyscraper "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5758778/", Roma "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6155172/" etc.) nor for serials. Although all items are specially marked in the script properties.
3. There is no item to control the "COMMENTS" field in the script properties. It's somewhere in the script itself. I have to make sure every time that the information I need is not lost when the program is updated.
4. With the message that Nostra is dead, maybe I got excited. Now I looked through the messages from Djek-ural again and did not find any records about it there. But, anyway, after 2015 Nostra completely abandoned the program. And after him the rest of the moderators-programmers left. Only thanks to Djek-ural the program was supported in the Russian thread of the forum.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 08:21:06 am by Pacifist »

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2021, 09:28:02 am »
3. Which script loaded that "- 3D version (14.6GB)..." content into comments field from your picture above? It looks very strange to me. Into comments field should be loaded user comments from IMDb.

Thanks for responses on 1, 2, and 4.

Offline Pacifist

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2021, 07:28:46 am »
3. Which script loaded that "- 3D version (14.6GB)..." content into comments field from your picture above? It looks very strange to me. Into comments field should be loaded user comments from IMDb.

Thanks for responses on 1, 2, and 4.

I fill in the "COMMENTS" field with my own information (for example, if I have several versions of a film: 2D or 3D, Theatrical or Directors cuts, for serials it is the number of seasons that I already have). Therefore, I also need control over the filling of this field.

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2021, 03:34:20 pm »
Ok, but that is not quite good approach, if you ask me. For such things I have made dozens of custom fields. If you use default skin, then they will be automatically visible once you define such custom fields in Preferences->Custom items (just add "memo" field and name it as you like it)

« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 04:05:28 pm by afrocuban »

anything