Author Topic: IMDB_[EN][HTTPS]_(Cast&Crew) Support  (Read 4014 times)

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
IMDB_[EN][HTTPS]_(Cast&Crew) Support
« on: January 18, 2021, 02:09:45 pm »
Am I right that this script still doesn't import Full Cast & Crew, although that is what I set in the script itself

Code: [Select]
GET_FULL_CREDIT  = True ;  //Download Cast or Credit provider page for retreive the info. Otherwise only the info of the principal movie page.
  PEOPLE_LIMIT  = 1000;    //Limit of number of actors (cast) or of credits (crew) retrieved.
  //GET_CREW_CREDIT  = False ;  //Download Cast and Credit provider page for retreive the some credits (crew) info. Otherwise set to False to only the Directors, Writers, Composers, Producers, Cinematography and Thanks info of the Cast and Credit provider page. 
  GET_CREW_CREDIT  = True ;  //Download Cast and Credit provider page for retreive the some credits (crew) info. Otherwise set to False to only the Directors, Writers, Composers, Producers, Cinematography and Thanks info of the Cast and Credit provider page.
  GET_FULL_CREW_CREDIT  = True ;  //Download Cast and Credit provider page for retreive the more  some credits (crew) info. Otherwise set to False to only the Directors, Writers, Composers, Producers and Cinematography + (GET_CREW_CREDIT = True) info of the Cast and Credit provider page.

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: IMDB_[EN][HTTPS]_(Cast&Crew) Support
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 05:39:56 pm »
I have already mentioned that this list is only of an informative nature to see what all is on the list. Script will never download everything because it unnecessarily overloads the PVD movie database with redundant data.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline afrocuban

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 05:49:39 pm »
Sorry, I am talking about "Cinema" field which is filled by the script from the topic subject?

I put the screenshot to compare what fields are available in "Full Credits" field, and what data from those are scraped to "Cinema" field?

And in a script, "GET_FULL_CREW_CREDIT  = True" is then confusing and missleading?

EDIT: Also, if it's redundant on IMDb, and it is, then it is redundant in PVD as well. The redundancy isn't that big? It's just a text and we inevitably are getting faster and faster computers?

My database is 30GB at the moment and it will be around 70GB when I enter the rest of the photos, my computer is from 2012 and PVD is very, very fast. The one just need SSD.

I can only imagine how fast PVD will be when I buy actual date computer?

We have to think in advance?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 06:01:19 pm by afrocuban »

Offline Miguelh1020

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 01:17:04 am »
I was just wondering about this.
There are some TV series with more than a 100 actors, but it seems only the main 25 are imported.
Will it ever be possible to get the whole list?

Offline Ivek23

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 01:16:32 pm »
I was just wondering about this.
There are some TV series with more than a 100 actors, but it seems only the main 25 are imported.
Will it ever be possible to get the whole list?

In IMDB you have this option,
Code: [Select]
[size=12pt][b]PEOPLE_LIMIT  = 25;    //Limit of number of actors (cast) or of credits (crew) retrieved.[/b][/size]which you can change as you wish. But beware, this can even freeze the PVD or slow down the operation of the script and consequently slow the PVD response. This option is primarily set to 25 peoples for faster script operation.
Ivek23
Win 10 64bit (32bit)   PVD v0.9.9.21, PVD v1.0.2.7, PVD v1.0.2.7 + MOD

Offline Miguelh1020

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 11:34:33 pm »
Oh right! Thanks for that.
I guess I've done it before but forgot it eventually.

anything