English > Talk

PVD

(1/2) > >>

AimHere:
Hi all,

Kind of sad to see this once-great software and website wither on the vine. PVD was such a great help to me in cataloging my burgeoning Internet videos library. But between Nostra leaving, the end of http: support on all the relevant data sites, and the never-ending changes to those sites, it's a wonder Ivek has been able to keep it working. Kind of shocked, really, that the domain registration never ran out, for one thing.

Personally, I had to stop using PVD a few years back. I could never get the "new/mod" version to work, not with the script I had been using. I just didn't have the programming skills needed to get it working with the new mod. Left off with less than half my collection scanned in.  :(

Recently built a new PC, and might try to reinstall it one more time. But I'm not hopeful that the process has become any easier.

I wish there were a video database software that was half as feature-packed and efficient as PVD...

aimhere

Ivek23:
Thanks.

RazorHall:
I agree, it is a very sad and frustrating thing.  I certainly appreciate Ivek's efforts to keep PVD alive, and I still use it pretty frequently, but I'm not sure how much longer that will be the case.  For example, the tags/keywords feature was something that made PVD unique, and it was the feature I used the most.  But that information is no longer downloaded when I add new movies, so it's been very disappointing lately.  I think I'll be experimenting with other programs soon to see if I can find something that will do the job until another standout comes along.

Ivek23:

--- Quote from: RazorHall on September 10, 2023, 02:19:24 am ---I agree, it is a very sad and frustrating thing.  I certainly appreciate Ivek's efforts to keep PVD alive, and I still use it pretty frequently, but I'm not sure how much longer that will be the case.  For example, the tags/keywords feature was something that made PVD unique, and it was the feature I used the most.  But that information is no longer downloaded when I add new movies, so it's been very disappointing lately.  I think I'll be experimenting with other programs soon to see if I can find something that will do the job until another standout comes along.
--- End quote ---

You will find the IMDB_[EN][HTTPS] (Plot Keywords) script at this link below.

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index.php/topic,4205.msg21798.html#msg21798

RazorHall:
A keywords script, awesome!  Somehow I never noticed that post before now.  Anyway, thanks, Ivek!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version