Author Topic: path selector bug  (Read 6906 times)

Offline Nebol

• View Profile
path selector bug
« on: October 04, 2009, 03:32:11 pm »
I just installed PVD, started it, found the "Scan folders for new movies / changed paths" menu item which sounded like the thing to do.  I have all my moviez under \\filez\movies\ .

Instead of a standard path selector dialog, I was shown a custom dialog.
No way to enter a path manually, which is always annoying.
Anyways, I found the "moviez on filez" item in the Network Places list and tried clicking the checkbox.

"C:\Documents and Settings\Nebol\Desktop\moviez on Filez refers to a location that is unavailable. Check to make sure the disk is properly inserted yada yada..."

No the location is definitely available, although it is NOT on my Desktop (wtf??)

The software is unusable for me until this bug is fixed. I'm running WinXP.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: path selector bug
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 11:07:27 pm »
Can't you just assign a drive letter to the share?

Offline patch

• Older Power User
    • View Profile
Re: path selector bug
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 01:26:58 am »
I have all my moviez under \\filez\movies\ .
I found the "moviez on filez" item in the Network Places list and tried clicking the checkbox.

"C:\Documents and Settings\Nebol\Desktop\moviez on Filez refers to a location that is unavailable. Check to make sure the disk is properly inserted yada yada..."

Would you mind clarifying what you are actually trying to do?
I'm guessing you have a file server called "filez" which has a share called "movies"
And on the file server this shared folder is located on the desktop of the file server user "Nebol"

Is this correct?
Can you access and play the movies from windows explorer?
What version of PVD are you using?
Are you having problems when scanning or playing the movies.
If it is a playback problem are you playing back on the same or different computer to the one the scan was done?
Have you entered any thing in "Tools -> preferences -> Folders -> Replace folders in file path"

This may help http://www.nimidia.com/pvd_wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Connect-to-server
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 01:33:43 am by patch »