Author Topic: Import - Duplicate Name  (Read 5826 times)

Offline airmans

• View Profile
Import - Duplicate Name
« on: October 05, 2009, 12:28:21 pm »
Hy!

I have 2 big problem.

I use IMDB+Allmovie film and person import.

1. But it's put the people a new record, not added the job info to the oldest.
    Now I have a lot of personal duplicates, but different content.

I don't want make a new database, because it's contain more then 1200 movie and 52800 people with duplicate.

What can I do, than in the people database marge the duplicate names different job, and not make it again.

2. When I put a new film in the PVD, and make a new import, it's changing the title what I wrote, to the allmovie's title. Can I it repair?

Thank you!

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
Re: Import - Duplicate Name
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 12:26:17 am »
1. But it's put the people a new record, not added the job info to the oldest.
    Now I have a lot of personal duplicates, but different content.

I don't want make a new database, because it's contain more then 1200 movie and 52800 people with duplicate.

What can I do, than in the people database marge the duplicate names different job, and not make it again.

You can:
1. Rename one of the duplicates to have exactly the same name (the two records should then be merged automatically after refresh)
2. Use SQL
3. Delete all people and reload data for all movies creating people records again

I recommend you to get person information from one source only! Configure it in "Overwrite fields" for these plugins in tools -> preferences -> Plugins

2. When I put a new film in the PVD, and make a new import, it's changing the title what I wrote, to the allmovie's title. Can I it repair?

Same as above: Configure it in "Overwrite fields" for these plugins in tools -> preferences -> Plugins
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline airmans

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 12:29:53 pm »
It's ok, but I don't know the sql... :( And I not undertand.
Please write me it's more simple, step by step... :)

I think a new way! Whats happend, If I delete all person's records, and I want make a new person database for my movies list?

So I check it owerwrite field, but not look for what is the false for the person import, I see all person duplicates, what contain only one movie or empty is allmovie's url. What can I do than?

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 08:07:28 pm »
I think a new way! Whats happend, If I delete all person's records, and I want make a new person database for my movies list?

That's exactly what I meant in 2.
The list must be understood as 1. OR 2. OR 3.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!