39 (5.4%)
Read only version of PVD
33 (4.6%)
Tag export/import (like ID3 for mp3)
29 (4%)
Preferred release title (more info)
22 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: Vote: Features for 0.9.9  (Read 196387 times)

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Vote: Features for 0.9.9
« Reply #180 on: May 15, 2009, 05:48:14 am »
In the old 9.7 you can change the background information, on the new 9.9 you can't change the color, it's light blue. What I'm trying to say I liked it when you can change the backgroung color.

Your skins are in \Personal Video Database\Skins\Movies. The default skin is pvd_classic_movie.xml. Make a copy of this for backup, and open the original in a text editor. The following is the first part of that skin.

Code: [Select]
<xml>
 <pvd_skin_movie>
  <skinname>PVD Classic</skinname>
  <version>1.0.0.0</version>
  <author>Nostradamus</author>
  <description>Classic theme from 0.9.8.x</description>
  <preview>skinimg_movie_classic.png</preview>

<labelfont><bold></bold></labelfont>
  <fieldfont><size>10</size></fieldfont>

<section>
   <color>$E0ECFE</color>

You will find a <color> statement at the beginning of each <section>. Replace the E0ECFE hex code (NB. after the "$") with whatever you want (from "000000" = black to "FFFFFF" = white). This, of course, is not a very user-friendly way to pick a color, but there are Color Pickers for that—like this one and this one.

If you would like to change the color of other sections, just search for "section" and make the same change there.

spartacus

« Reply #181 on: May 18, 2009, 04:14:09 am »
Hello.  New to the forum,  It's nice to be able to download using IMDB and stuff.  For tv series and episodes what about using "tv.com"?  It has all the info you could possible need to fill in the spaces.  I didn't see that anywhere here so I don't know if someone had asked about it.

r/
spartacus

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 18, 2009, 06:40:44 am »
Welcome to the forum, spart.

There's lot's of information there, but I have some difficulty imagining how it might be accessed by a plugin or script. Is there some specific information there that interests you?

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Personal Video Database
« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2009, 03:47:24 pm »
There are very many good information sources, but unfortunately I do not have enough time to implement support for all of them.
I hope users with some scripting knowledge will help writing additional scripts.
Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room!

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 12, 2009, 10:15:07 pm »
Now that 0.9.9.x is "released," I think it's time to lock this topic and remove the link from the news banner.

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2009, 12:59:19 am »
Hmm, maybe. But we should create a new topic with feature suggestions for 1.0 then. What do you think?

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 13, 2009, 01:36:39 am »
I think after 8 months work, you deserve a few weeks off.  ::)

Maybe you should do that on July 3—the anniversary of Vote: Features for 0.9.9. That will give me some time to think of some suitable ground rules. I've already got one—no suggestions without a valid, unique movie recommendation. I haven't quite decided if we should insist on some connection between the movie recommendation and the feature request. For example:

Casablanca (1942): As soon as a movie ends, my wife starts talking. I need a Play it again, Sam option that will cause the movies to play again as soon as they end. My wife is not too bright, but it might be a good idea for the movie to restart before the ending credits, and skip the opening credits. ;D

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2009, 01:56:10 am »
I do not think that I am physically able to fully stop working on the project for at least 24 hours, but I'll try :)

Maybe you should do that on July 3—the anniversary of Vote: Features for 0.9.9. That will give me some time to think of some suitable ground rules. I've already got one—no suggestions without a valid, unique movie recommendation. I haven't quite decided if we should insist on some connection between the movie recommendation and the feature request.

It's a nice idea. It could be a bit difficult to check each movie suggestion for uniqueness though.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2009, 04:04:17 am »
It could be a bit difficult to check each movie suggestion for uniqueness though.

Not if we're recording them in PVD! I don't know why we didn't think of this before... 8)

Set up a server edition of a database. Users log into it, add their movie recommendation, and then complete a custom My Feature Request field. Run Optimize database regularly to remove duplicates. Set up a twitter account to report the recommendations... and the requests!

When you're ready, you'll be able to do cool things, like releases based on movie genre...

1.0.0.1 The Comedy Release (it doesn't work)
1.0.0.2 The Horror Release (it eats your 1.0.0.1 database)
1.0.0.3 The Drama Release (now you're getting serious)
1.0.0.4 The Thriller Release (Gridview is back!)
1.0.0.5 The Romance Release (append database function)

So there's the connection I was looking for! The "mood" of the feature request must be suitable for the genre of the recommended movie.

And if you just don't want to implement a feature, instead of putting it on your Things to do when I have nothing better to do TODO list, you can just tell the suggester, "Sorry, your movie sucked." ;D

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2009, 10:46:19 pm »
Very nice, but unfortunately I do not a server (with static ip) to run such a database. I can't install firebird on this virtual server :(

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 13, 2009, 11:06:58 pm »
That's okay—you don't have time for such goofiness anyway. It requires a volunteer administrator. So now we need a goofy volunteer administrator with their own static IP. Sorry, I don't have a static IP. ;D

Offline nostra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2009, 11:18:21 pm »
I think there was one user with static IP on russian forum...

anything