Author Topic: Kroozbox - PVD to media theatre solution  (Read 150575 times)

Offline delto

• View Profile
Sorting Newest Series in PVD using Kroozbox
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2011, 02:29:06 pm »
I have a problem in Series Newest using Kroozbox and PVD

Earlier when I added a new episode in PVD, that episode (Series) came first in Series Newest (Kroozbox)
this does not happen anymore, do someone know why ??

There has been no changes in either of the PC's, Kroozbox or PVD (Exept new episodes and movies)
I'm using PVD 0.9.9.21 and Kroozbox 2.0, PVD is running on Windows 7 and Kroozbox is running on Windows Server 2003 x64

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
Re: Kroozbox - PVD to media theatre solution
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2011, 08:47:40 pm »
It still happens but only when you create a new entry in the series episode list not when you change it (adding or setting the path to the actual video file for instance).

It has been a problem for me as well and finally decided to fix it.

Attached you will find the file that you need.
Extract and overwrite the file in your "template/PVDTemplate-HD/html" folder.
The zip file only contains the necessary file - not the whole folder. And please, make a backup first of your template... juuust in case.

With this update you will always see the series that got the lastest modification and the listing of the episode will state the modification date and not the creation date.

This is for Kroozbox 2.0a. Shoudl work with 2.0. No need to restart Kroozbox.

Let me know.
Nono

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline delto

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2011, 08:42:51 am »
Thanks Nono that worked perfectly  :D

Delto

Offline delto

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2011, 07:14:23 pm »
Hi Nono

After I copied SeasonDetail-4.html,  all episodes in a specific season was listed twice like this 1,2,1,2

I restored my backup of that file and it lists  it correctly (1,2 )

My restored file only contants "</table> </td> </tr> </table> </body> </html>", my question is do Kroozbox read the html files sequentially SeasonDetail-1.html then SeasonDetail-2.html and so on??

If Kroozbox read them sequentially, do each new file a new layer to the final result??

Did you make a mistake by calling it SeasonDetail-4.html should it not be called SeasonDetail-3.html??
cos the diff between my SeasonDetail-3.html and your SeasonDetail-4.html is  a new line DATEADDED-D=moddate
and  a rem of #DATEADDED-D=dateadded

Delto

It still happens but only when you create a new entry in the series episode list not when you change it (adding or setting the path to the actual video file for instance).

It has been a problem for me as well and finally decided to fix it.

Attached you will find the file that you need.
Extract and overwrite the file in your "template/PVDTemplate-HD/html" folder.
The zip file only contains the necessary file - not the whole folder. And please, make a backup first of your template... juuust in case.

With this update you will always see the series that got the lastest modification and the listing of the episode will state the modification date and not the creation date.

This is for Kroozbox 2.0a. Shoudl work with 2.0. No need to restart Kroozbox.

Let me know.
Nono

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2011, 10:13:50 pm »
hmmm.. It is more than possible that I have made modifications to my template after the published version and that the seasonDetail*.html file are not the same in yours. Sorry about this.
You are right in your understanding on how Kroozbox construct the page (sequencially n final numbers). Check the manual under the Documentation folder for more details.

You can change the corresponding file yourself  (the one with the "DATEADDED" in the DBINFO header - maybe file number 3 for you) from "DATEADDED-D=dateadded" to DATEADDED-D=moddate in the DBINFO header.

Alternatively, you can download my complete HTML template folder - attached here. And, of course, always make backup first.

Let us know.
Nono

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2013, 06:18:36 pm »
Hello Gang,

New version of Kroozbox available at:

http://www.mediaplayersite.com/Kroozbox

Modification done to accomodate new Syabas flash based templates (for Popcorn hour C-300, Popbox ,etc) and LG Smart TV template.

The LG template requires download from the LG market - search for 'Kroozbox' on the LG TV. Note that, at this time, the app is not yet available. Still under review by LG staff - hopefully available soon. In the mean time, connection can still be made using LG browser.

Enjoy,
Nono

Offline fabs

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2013, 12:50:58 am »
First of all I wanted to say that this is an amazing piece of code.

I've been able to slightly modify the templates to my liking, but I'd like the possibility to filter by number as first character in title. Is there an easy way to add that option?

Also, is there a way to add more info to the movie details (i.e., a link to imdb)?

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2013, 02:23:19 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for the nice words.

If you choose the # sorting you should see the listing with the titles with numbers at first location (might depends on the template you are using).
As for adding more details, I would need to know what template you are using (LG, Popcorn, Music, or.... ).. detailsdetails!??

Thanks,
Nono

Offline fabs

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2013, 04:09:13 pm »
I downloaded the latest version of PVDTemplate-HD that appears in the website and it doesn't have filtering by #. If there's another one that has it, let me know and I'll just copy the code.

I found how to add the links or extra info. Is there a way to make the changes to all the corresponding files (for example, when editing the listings) at the same time or do I have to go one by one?

Thanks!

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2013, 04:26:10 pm »
You do have the number listing (kind of). If you select "all" entries at the top, the listing will be sorted alphabetically starting with the movies having their titles starting with space, numbers and none-English characters. Make sense?

As for you second question, I'm not sure to understand. Are you asking if there is a way to edit the movies in batch in PVD? or if a change to an sql request within the DBINFO header in the template can be easily change in all the necessary template files?

PVDTemplate was the first template I made, it is tedious to change something because it has a lot of files but its a much simpler template (to understand) then the LG template for instance.

What is your rendering engine? using a PC, a Porcorn hour (which model?) or ...?

Nono

Offline fabs

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2013, 05:36:02 pm »
Nono,

I'm rendering using a browser in a PC, as I want it mostly as movie catalogue. The main problem is that changing the HTML in the template requires going through many similar files to do the same change.

Additionaly, I cannot seem to find the way to use custom fields in Kroozbox. Are they stored under a special name in the DB?

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2013, 11:18:06 pm »
yes, many files... simplicity but redundancy. With the new version of Kroozbox engine, I should be able to simplify a lot but not enough time to do it. You also have the flash version that you can access with :
http://your server address:9009/debug.html (called PVD Syabas flash template or something like that).
But I don't think you will like it - need to move with keyboard.

Yes, you can have access to custom PVD field... There were some posts about this. I'll dig tomorrow and let you know how to do it. (remind me if I forget).

Nono

Offline Nono

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2013, 04:43:58 pm »
For the custom field:
There are 4 SQL tables that store the data. They are:
CUSTOM_VALUES_DATE - for date custom fields
CUSTOM_VALUES_INT - for?? custom fields
CUSTOM_VALUES_LONGSTR - for long text fields (memo I guess as well)
CUSTOM_VALUES_REAL
CUSTOM_VALUES_SHORSTR - for short text fields.

You will have to choose the proper table for the type of data you store.
The CUSTOM_FIELDS_MOVIES holds the reference of the fields display value and types.

To add a custom field to your Movie details for instance. You would insert a new file into the MovieDetail-x sequence. Rename all the MovieDetail-*.html from 8 to 10 with an increment of 1 making them 9 to 11. So you can now create a file called MovieDetail-8.html.

Put this content in the -8.html file:

Code: [Select]
<!--DBINFO
REQUEST=SELECT FIRST 1 "value" FROM "CUSTOM_VALUES_SHORTSTR" INNER JOIN "MOVIES" ON "MOVIES"."mid" = "CUSTOM_VALUES_SHORTSTR"."mid" INNER JOIN "CUSTOM_FIELDS_MOVIES" ON "CUSTOM_FIELDS_MOVIES"."cmfid" = "CUSTOM_VALUES_SHORTSTR"."cmfid" WHERE "CUSTOM_FIELDS_MOVIES"."dispname" = 'My custom display' AND "MOVIES"."mid"=[parentref]
MYCUSTOMFIELD-S=value
RECORDCHARSET=UTF-8
-->

<tr>
           <td class="title3" colspan="1">My field</td>
     <td class="normal" colspan="3"><!--MYCUSTOMFIELD-S--></td>
</tr>

Replace all occurrence of CUSTOM_VALUES_SHORTSTR with the proper table name for the type of custom field you use.
Replace the 'My custom display' value with want you see in PVD for your custom field.
We could use the globalParam file to store table names or what not and/or other SQL request but I think this is the simplest way.

Make sense?