English > Support

IMDb import

<< < (2/11) > >>

nostra:

--- Quote ---1. Create a field where the user can put keywords (like "uncredited", "man on the street", "Man on Bus", ...) that makes the plug-in ignores that actor.
--- End quote ---

You can enter such information as Role.

--- Quote ---2. Ask for the user how many actors should be imported each time, a cut number. So the user can open the IMDb page and see how many are really important. Some "unimportant" actors will be important together, but its ok...
--- End quote ---

I do not think it is a good idea to ask for the number every time, but I could add an option to the plugin where you would be able do define this number.

--- Quote ---3. Show to the user a list with the full cast, showing the actors name and his character with check boxes to choose which should be imported...
--- End quote ---

Some day maybe

rick.ca:

--- Quote ---Show to the user a list with the full cast, showing the actors name and his character with check boxes to choose which should be imported.
--- End quote ---

I think something like this is the only practical solution. Implemented as an option, it would be a nice embellishment. A dialog could present the entire cast list, with check boxes selected for the first 15 and unselected for the rest. It might even be possible to preselect the check boxes "intelligently" by testing for "rest of cast listed alphabetically" or the first repetition of a role name. The user could then quickly make the desired adjustments.

dicksonvm:

--- Quote from: rick.ca on May 05, 2009, 10:03:21 pm ---
--- Quote ---Show to the user a list with the full cast, showing the actors name and his character with check boxes to choose which should be imported.
--- End quote ---

I think something like this is the only practical solution. Implemented as an option, it would be a nice embellishment. A dialog could present the entire cast list, with check boxes selected for the first 15 and unselected for the rest. It might even be possible to preselect the check boxes "intelligently" by testing for "rest of cast listed alphabetically" or the first repetition of a role name. The user could then quickly make the desired adjustments.

--- End quote ---

This would be perfect!!!

blue334:
Can't import more than 9 imdb records at at time without a "http bad request" error. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it the website blocking batch requests or is something wrong with the plugin? Using version 0.9.9.10

nostra:
It seems like it is really the web site trying to prevent too many requests. I'll see what can be done here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version