Author Topic: Add a person entry for every actor??? - by script of course -  (Read 5711 times)

Offline SusiMeier

• View Profile
I just finished my first two scripts for movies and persons. During movie import I'm adding all actors. Is is possible to run the person script from within the movie script to add a new person to the database? At the moment I have to switch to the movie, select the person, run the script and switch right back to select the next one. Got some more movies on my list  ;) and this is very annoying...

Thanks for your help,
SM

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Add a person entry for every actor??? - by script of course -
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 01:02:49 am »
Welcome, Susi.

Add/update all your movies first. Then switch to People View and select all the records that need to be updated, and run your script. You can do that by sorting on date added or updated, or by grouping on Career (new records won't yet have one). You'll most likely want to run that with "Silent Mode" on—so the update is not interrupted by anything.

Are your scripts something you can share?

Offline SusiMeier

• View Profile
Re: Add a person entry for every actor??? - by script of course -
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 07:19:05 am »
Welcome, Susi.

Add/update all your movies first. Then switch to People View and select all the records that need to be updated, and run your script. You can do that by sorting on date added or updated, or by grouping on Career (new records won't yet have one). You'll most likely want to run that with "Silent Mode" on—so the update is not interrupted by anything.

Are your scripts something you can share?

Thanks for your quick reply, rick.ca.
I'll give it a try. The Scripts are for iafd.com and can be shared when they are more stable (they work fine for known films but need some more error handling ...  :) )

anything