Author Topic: Loans Manager  (Read 6582 times)

Offline UtNut

• User
    • View Profile
Loans Manager
« on: July 12, 2013, 12:30:16 am »
I would like to use the loans manager for something else, is it therefore possible to extend the 365 days limitation?
Tia for your advice.
1984 was NOT supposed to be an instruction manual

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
Re: Loans Manager
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 06:31:36 am »
Just curious...What 'something else' requires a longer loan period?

Offline UtNut

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 11:22:36 am »
It could be my sloppy but friendly next door neighbour who never returns something unless he's given more time....But no, to satisfy your curiosity, it has to do with "free" storage in the cloud - a 3 year period - which entails a bit of administration and less space needed on my (e)hdd's. I looked around and at config files but could not find where to change this to, in this case, 1095 days, if it is at all possible.

Offline rick.ca

• Global Moderator
  • "I'm willing to shoot you!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 02:50:19 pm »
Maximum loan period cannot be changed. But now that I think of it, the loan period doesn't really 'do' anything anyway. It just appears in the loan manager history list, which doesn't provide any means for selecting items due or overdue or on cloud storage about to expire.

If it's a matter of using free space offered by XYZ Cloud Storage for 3 years (e.g., a trial period), then loan the movies stored there to the borrower 'XYZ exp 2016-07'. You'll be able to make a list of those at any time with a simple search.

I've never heard of such a thing, but if it's free storage for a specific file for a fixed term, it would be better to record and track the expiry date in a custom field.

Offline UtNut

• User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 01:52:42 pm »
Maximum loan period cannot be changed. But now that I think of it, the loan period doesn't really 'do' anything anyway. It just appears in the loan manager history list, which doesn't provide any means for selecting items due or overdue or on cloud storage about to expire.

I see now, thought it would be dynamic counting the days off so to speak, but it just remains on the days entered.

If it's a matter of using free space offered by XYZ Cloud Storage for 3 years (e.g., a trial period), then loan the movies stored there to the borrower 'XYZ exp 2016-07'. You'll be able to make a list of those at any time with a simple search.

I've never heard of such a thing, but if it's free storage for a specific file for a fixed term, it would be better to record and track the expiry date in a custom field.

Yes, I already started to do that in the beginning, but thought Loans Manager might be useful, you could also consider a "dynamic" excel sheet, but I like all info in the best place; PVD 8)

Thanks for your help rick, really appreciated...