Author Topic: status of PVD as of 2015  (Read 6136 times)

Offline abubin

• User
    • View Profile
status of PVD as of 2015
« on: June 10, 2015, 05:34:57 am »
Looks like PVD development has slowed down to a halt right now.

We know nostra is busy with other things. But just want to know what is your plan for this great piece of software in the future? Are you going to leave it as is? Are you going to pass the torch to another developer? Are you going to start charging?

I understand the commitment it takes to develop a software like this. It is not easy and we appreciate all your hard word especially when the software is even better than some of the paid ones.

I have used a few of similar software and tried tons. The one that I was using before PVD was Movie Collectorz. It had to stop using it because of their major change of direction on using their own internal movie database. I then found PVD and never looked back. I have been using PVD for like the fourth year now.

This software might not be perfect but it does get the job done. There are a few bugs and usability issues but works better than other similar software.

I think we are at a crosspoint now that Nostra need to decide what to do with this software if he does not have the resources to develop it anymore. Get someone in to join or make it open source and so on. You decide. We will support.

Offline Miguelh1020

• User
    • View Profile
Re: status of PVD as of 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 02:02:08 am »
I want to take the chance to thank you too. I've been using it for many years too. Just as a hobbie, I add every movie I watch. I also tried other simlar software, but no other was up to the task. This has to be the best.
My first movie Date Added: 09/09/2008
Movies in database: 760
People in database: 46
Personal Video Database File 463 Mb

Offline Kariput

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 03:27:30 pm »
Here's another vote of thanks.  I've been using PVD for over four years.  I maintain two separate databases, one for movies and another for TV series.  I really like the ability to add several posters to each movie title.  I try to find at least three for each movie and some have over forty.  Best of all is the active support forum.  All the problems I've encountered have been quickly solved by either administration or fellow users.

First titles added 14 Feb 2011

Movie database: 871 titles @ 609 MB
TV database: 264 series @ 324 MB

Offline sophis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 03:08:08 pm »
I have been collecting movies since the eighties. I tried several software to keep track of them, to avoid doubles, and to store some biographical data of the actors. I even tried to create my own program until I discoverd this software gem. I have over 3000 titles, my database is only 23 MB because I keep pictures, posters etc. in seperate folders. I did that when my database neared 750 MB.

Of course thare are some things that I would like but all in all updating is not necesarry as long as it keeps on working with any future windows release.

anything