English > Support

Importing failure

(1/2) > >>

dushkin:
Hi all,
 I am probably missing something because since I upgraded to 9.9.11 I can hardly import movies information from IMDB, and I can't tell why.
 First of all the import button is disabled, but also when I use the "New movie master" it fails to get me the information.
 Please help.

Thanks, Dushkin.

rick.ca:
Welcome, dushkin.

Have you installed the latest update to the IMDb plugin? It has been updated since 0.9.9.11 was released, as have the Amazon poster and Plain text export plugins. Download what you need from the download page, and unzip the contents of the downloaded files to your Plugins directory.

dushkin:
Thanks Rick.
I updated the imdb plugin but nothing changed.

I remember that in the previous version, as I just Clicked the + button to add a new movie and wrote the film name, the import button on the toolbar became enabled, which is not the case now.

rick.ca:
Import plugins are disabled when the record is in edit mode. Click the checkmark on the toolbar or press Ctrl-Enter to Apply Changes and exit edit mode.

It has been suggested this behaviour should be changed to what is was before—that there is no need to disable the plugins while in edit mode.

dushkin:
Please see if my actions are correct:
1. Pressing the + button on the toolbar
2. Entering the film name inside the second edit box on the first row.
3. Pressing the "Apply changes" button
4. Pressing the "Get movie information from.. " button

The PVD shows some messages in the status bar as if it is working but at the end - no information is shown.
One film I am trying to add is "The reader", but the same happens with other films...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version